The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Rant: 4 fenders are junk :( (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=186799)

Billla 01-21-2006 08:13 PM

Rant: 4 fenders are junk :(

Having a lousy day - I just blasted the fenders from the parts truck I bought as "no rust, no bondo" - they're junk; so much body work they're useless. When I asked the seller about it, he said "yeah, well...I gave you two extra fenders, and they're GREAT. I just blasted those, TSP'd 'em and was putting etch on...they looked really good...and then I noticed someone had cut the inner top out - the place where the hood hinge mounts. Just cut it right out - for a lowrider I would guess. So...4 fenders, all junk. Looks like it's time for a Goodmark order :(

:m7:

It's my fault - I let my father-in-law look at the truck instead of going myself. BUT, the guy is on this board, and I understand that we don't out people 1:1 but I'd hate to think someone else would buy from him and get screwed...so if he's reading it here's a big, fat :m2: for him.

Yark.

shifty 01-21-2006 08:37 PM

Re: Rant: 4 fenders are junk :(

Sorry about your luck man. At least make sure an admin knows about your transaction that way if things like this happen again to others, that person can be banned from the site at least.

JAKES 68GMC 01-21-2006 09:00 PM

Ouch. Bedsides aren't too cheap, but front fender are reasonable, aren't they? Around 150 bucks?? Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

krue 01-21-2006 09:01 PM

If you think you got screwed, you may wanna pm Josh or Liz. BTW you CAN write a Review on ANY one stating the FACTS about the transaction (try not to make it TOO personal) in the Review Board, just so everyone else goes into a deal with both eyes open.

hotrodhomi 01-22-2006 12:40 AM

if you bought somehing and didn't look at it first, it is your fault. I learned that lesson a few times. Better luck next time

shifty 01-22-2006 12:43 AM

hotrod, normally I would agree with you, but I also recognize two things:

1) here on the forum, you don't expect that another member would blatantly rip you off

2) when doing transactions on the internet, it's really hard to look at things sometimes. .... he sent someone out...and the combination of trusting a fellow board member and sending someone out to boot should be enough.

krue 01-22-2006 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotrodhomi
if you bought somehing and didn't look at it first, it is your fault. I learned that lesson a few times. Better luck next time

Actually if it is misrepresented it's the sellers responsibility to make it right. Otherwise we'll have to quit buying and selling here.

special-K 01-22-2006 01:29 AM

Were they bought from a board member from off of the site or are you both board members that made a deal lpcally outside of the board?If it was offsite,it`s between you two.
I don`t think there`s any excuse for selling crap as usable parts.Even if the buyer looks right at it and doesn`t realize it`s not useable.Some people still trust.Is that wrong?

CG 01-22-2006 01:49 AM

did you talk to him first when you found out the stuff wasnt as represented or did you come to the forum right away? i sold some stuff i thought was rust free and wasnt. he went over it with a fine tooth comb and i hadnt done that when i purchased it originally. i offered to pay the guys expense from getting from his place to mine. we worked it out though, i lowered my price a bit, he got what he wanted and we didnt have to air anything out in public. simple.

krue 01-22-2006 02:10 AM

Since he hasn't mentioned anyones name yet I'm guessing this isn't a pissing match, yet anyways.

tnblazerk5 01-22-2006 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krue
Since he hasn't mentioned anyones name yet I'm guessing this isn't a pissing match, yet anyways.

i have to agree there

Striker169 01-22-2006 02:30 AM

dam I hate it when **** like that happens one persons oppenion doesnt allways go with anothers

OJOE 01-22-2006 09:41 AM

did you see them before you had them blasted? if you did and liked them, maybe that is the way the seller seen before he sent them to you

Solver 01-22-2006 12:49 PM

Without knowing more I would have to agree with OJOE on this one.Many times I have bought parts that looked good only to blast and find all kinds of crap. Sand blasting can punch holes through metal that is maybe a little weak after 35 years and good body work is obviously impossible to see. As far as the cut fenders if it took you the whole process of working on them before finding the missing parts he could just have easily not seen the missing parts.I guess All I'm saying is that how could he have known? Is it unfortunate yes-- Is it his fault well maybe not! Does this make him a untrustworthy seller - If he (and you) couldn't know whats under the paint - probably not
Since you posted on board I have to assume you have already tried to get a refund or compensation and he said no. Do we need to know his name so we don't buy from him-- Kind of sounds like a little blackmail to me
No not my sale --just wanted to point out for the other side of the coin.

1969owner 01-22-2006 12:52 PM

the first thing i would do is pm josh or liz. thatll take care of it. :)

pat 01-22-2006 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billla
Having a lousy day - I just blasted the fenders from the parts truck I bought as "no rust, no bondo" - they're junk; so much body work they're useless.

Hey, at least it wasnt a whole truck, like the one I bought.