The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=205)
-   -   Fitty6 moved for exh. & Break in (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=549100)

Docs fitty6 10-24-2012 11:03 PM

Fitty6 moved for exh. & Break in

4 Attachment(s)
I loaded up the truck today and dropped it off at the shop where my Son works (Rich Tuned of Auburn WA) where a major reconfigure has to take place in order for the horrible fitting fenderwell headers to work without any interferences with suspension or tires. Oh yea, and an exhaust system with cut-outs.
Once done at Rich Tuned...it's going to be moved across the street to Corvettes of Auburn. While there, their guy who does all of the BBC carbureted work is going to perform the break-in on the '69 hi-perf 396.
They have the equipment to reconfigure the dizzy if needed, and will work magic on the 750cfm carb too..if it needs it based on the wideband air/fuel diagnostics being run during break in.
But talk about some bad luck while on my way to Rich Tuned....I stopped for some premium fuel in the Jimi and while using my card at the reader...$600 fell out of my wallet...some lucky dog got a nice present today!! anybody want to loan me some $$ :lol:

Kim57 10-24-2012 11:36 PM

Re: Fitty6 moved for exh. & Break in

Losing the cash sucks.
Looks like the headers are a little close to the front tires.
Kim

Docs fitty6 10-25-2012 10:06 AM

I worked hard and long for the $$...I go into the forests around here for firewood and then cut, split, season and sell it for extra $$ and to stay fit. I'm retired on a fixed income.
The headers are way close to the tires (195-45/15) and hence, the re-working of them that has to be done. Not an easy fix. but I'll show you the results soon.
By the way. There is a brand new 1/4 mile race track opening up just a few miles from me this coming summer. They just completed a road race course and it's up and running. About $250/ day to tune your road racer on the track.
My plan for this GMC is to have fun at the track...often.
Keep the Shiny side up y'all
Doc

Sin7 10-25-2012 10:11 AM

Sorry to hear you lost that much cash Doc. That has always been my biggest fear. Diggin the truck by the way.

Docs fitty6 10-26-2012 09:45 AM

I'm over the loss of the Ca$h...time to re-focus.
Re: building a Rat...I've built Big Buck Rods most of my life (1st ground up build was in '67) and I barely or never recovered near what I spent on them...and of course I don't count labor...too scary!
This Rat is FUN and will be as mechanically reliable as ANY. (fast too :)
I can appreciate the work anyone performs..to each their own.
Keep on keepin on folks!
later