The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Blazer and Suburban Stuff (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=199)
-   -   NM WTB: The "disk" used to secure the wheel to a rear spare tire mount (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=590741)

DeadheadNM 07-31-2013 12:10 AM

WTB: The "disk" used to secure the wheel to a rear spare tire mount

1 Attachment(s)
Looking for just the "disk" and/or OEM wing nut used to secure the spare tire to the mount bolt as shown in this borrowed pic. Thanks! Pete

DeadheadNM 08-12-2013 09:51 PM

Re: WTB: The "disk" used to secure the wheel to a rear spare tire mount

ttt...anyone?

briank 08-13-2013 10:43 AM

I would think that this would have had to been used on other applications (could be wrong though) I'll have to look on a larger screen though to see better detail.
Posted via Mobile Device

DeadheadNM 08-13-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by briank (Post 6218375)
I would think that this would have had to been used on other applications (could be wrong though) I'll have to look on a larger screen though to see better detail.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks - yeah maybe vans used these as well? I think contemporary vans used similar spare mounts. Pete

DeadheadNM 08-20-2013 08:39 PM

It's a plate - still looking. Thanks.

Gary 70 Jimmy 08-21-2013 12:00 AM

My picture of spare tire rack sure gets around that's not the bolt in the picture I will try to get you a picture with the tire.

DeadheadNM 08-21-2013 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary 70 Jimmy (Post 6231349)
My picture of spare tire rack sure gets around that's not the bolt in the picture I will try to get you a picture with the tire.

Thanks and thanks - the pic is helpful! It's that round plate I'm after - have all the rest.

cleszkie 08-28-2013 01:03 PM

I have one of those discs. I'd trade it for that rubber floor mat that you bought on this board (fair and square) before I could get my hands on it :lol:

DeadheadNM 08-28-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cleszkie (Post 6242559)
I have one of those discs. I'd trade it for that rubber floor mat that you bought on this board (fair and square) before I could get my hands on it :lol:

Yeah right!! I do need that plate thing though. I MAY part with that floor mat - will know by end of September. Was tempted to slice it up for use as floor mats in my saddle interior K5. Would you be interested in it if I don't use it? I'd let it go for cost plus shipping if I part with it. Pete

cleszkie 08-28-2013 04:44 PM

Don't cut it up! I would be interested in it if you don't use it. How much is that disc worth to you?

DeadheadNM 08-28-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cleszkie (Post 6242876)
Don't cut it up! I would be interested in it if you don't use it. How much is that disc worth to you?

Next week I'm going to town on a Blazer refurbish that includes redoing the mounts. With the interior out, I'll see how the floor mat looks installed but not chopped and let you know. As for the plate I'd do say $30 shipped or maybe equivalent in trade if you're looking for something. Thanks, Pete

6t727t2 08-29-2013 08:12 PM

Pete, if u cant find elsewhere, I have one in storage for a '71 Blazer project, $30 shipped, will have to dig it out for pics, but it's original and solid. Also trade for Blazer top to body brackets. Thanks Harry

DeadheadNM 08-29-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6t727t2 (Post 6244639)
Pete, if u cant find elsewhere, I have one in storage for a '71 Blazer project, $30 shipped, will have to dig it out for pics, but it's original and solid. Also trade for Blazer top to body brackets. Thanks Harry

Harry if in good shape I'll take it. Sorry, I can't help with the brackets you need but let me know if there are other parts you need. Thanks, Pete

6t727t2 09-02-2013 06:33 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Pete, won't be at my parts stash till tomorrow or Wed, but while going through some of my Blazer restore stuff I found this one. I had it powder coated semi-gloss black, $45 shipped if your interested. I know the other one I have, $30 shipped is just as good, just dirty.

DeadheadNM 09-02-2013 06:44 PM

Harry thank you!! I'd take either but as I need to paint/coat the remainder of the tire holder components my first choice would be the the $30 plate if it's otherwise similar to this piece. Post up pics of the other plate when you can - no rush. Pete

6t727t2 09-02-2013 07:20 PM

OK Pete, I'll get pics this week.

cleszkie 09-03-2013 12:45 PM

Pete - Sent you a PM. Sorry for the slow response, been on vacation. Looks like you already got yourself a disk. If not, you can have mine for cost of shipping. Its not pretty and powdercoated, but it is nice and round!

DeadheadNM 09-03-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6t727t2 (Post 6250394)
OK Pete, I'll get pics this week.

Sounds great, thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cleszkie (Post 6251410)
Pete - Sent you a PM. Sorry for the slow response, been on vacation. Looks like you already got yourself a disk. If not, you can have mine for cost of shipping. Its not pretty and powdercoated, but it is nice and round!

Thanks Craig! I committed myself to that above pending pics so feel obligated to follow through. I appreciate the offer and will keep you posted on the mat - got the K5 into the resto shop on Saturday and should know in next 2-3 weeks.

Gary 70 Jimmy 09-07-2013 04:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
picture

DeadheadNM 09-07-2013 05:00 PM

Thanks for the pic...