The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Our 72 2wd that got away, any help locating it? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=664830)

MCB Matt 03-25-2015 01:41 PM

Our 72 2wd that got away, any help locating it?

We bought this truck years ago, not long after it was restored. We changed the rear stance and the wheels, among a few other things... Never really got it exactly where we wanted it!

The guy we purchased it from was just flipping it but it was a great deal so we drove up to washington and bought it!

After owning it for about 3 years, we decided to let it go.

I don't have his contact info but I know it made it into Custom Classic Trucks Magazine not long after we sold it.

If anyone out there knows where it is, I am happy to pay a finders fee if we can find it and make a deal to buy it back!

This pic was taken out in front of our old shop and is currently on Pintrest!
Thanks
Matt
MCB

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...84c9309b2b.jpg

Coursey 03-26-2015 04:45 PM

Re: Our 72 2wd that got away, any help locating it?

Good luck finding it. I have been looking for one like this for years.

CTENTA1 03-26-2015 05:46 PM

Nice ride. Good luck.

MCB Matt 03-26-2015 06:36 PM

Yea, it was pretty easy to sell! We got such a steal on it too! We are open to others in the market too. We just know how nice the paint/body on that truck was! I had the receipt from the job, it was about $17,000 for paint and body up in Oregon at under $50/hr!

We have a few offers from our post on our Facebook page from guys looking to sell theirs. We will see!

Matt

PGG 03-27-2015 08:56 AM

I checked out your Facebook page came up as a sponsored link.
Some nice stuff on there! PG

MCB Matt 03-27-2015 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGG (Post 7108092)
I checked out your Facebook page came up as a sponsored link.
Some nice stuff on there! PG

Thank you for checking out our page! We are always posting specials and product releases. Check in every now and then to see what's new.

Matt

BabyBlue 03-28-2015 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCB Matt (Post 7108266)
Thank you for checking out our page! We are always posting specials and product releases. Check in every now and then to see what's new.

Matt

Matt, I'm actually the guy that bought it from you. After a year I sold 4 out of the 5 of my trucks, that blazer included. All I know is the guy came down from Alaska and paid $25k cash. That was about 4 years ago now.

BabyBlue 03-28-2015 09:32 AM

I'll see if I can find anything as far as a number or anything for the guy.

MCB Matt 03-28-2015 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BabyBlue (Post 7109412)
Matt, I'm actually the guy that bought it from you. After a year I sold 4 out of the 5 of my trucks, that blazer included. All I know is the guy came down from Alaska and paid $25k cash. That was about 4 years ago now.

Oh, ok! $hit, Alaska? Well, I have a thread on my Facebook page and a guy that claims he saw it in Alabama at a show about 2 weeks ago, I think he said.. About that.

Kim misses it, would be nice to get back but a LOT of $$ would go into it! We haven't even had time to shop the market yet, I know there are LS trucks out there now, one customer of mine posted his on my thread as being a avail for sale too, blown LS. Clean truck, still needs a lot of kims touches.

The hunt begins! For either the old one or a new!

Any info you have would be great if they are ok passing it on that is, of course!

Thanks a bunch for replying!
Matt