The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Door Rebuild - going in blind (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=691411)

runpasthefence 12-12-2015 07:59 PM

Door Rebuild - going in blind

So, I let a friend of the family paint my truck, and when he painted the doors he took them apart completely and promptly lost a bunch of ****.

I've never had a set of these doors apart, so I'm putting stuff together slowly as I figure it out and as I order new stuff.

Anyway, on the left side of the picture below, there are a couple of holes where a pair of fasteners potentially held in a channel for the window to travel in...maybe. I'm not really sure. Does anyone happen to have a picture of whatever attaches there and maybe a source for the part?

http://i.imgur.com/FD1v5VA.jpg?1

mr48chev 12-12-2015 08:50 PM

Re: Door Rebuild - going in blind

It isn't as bad as trying to figure out how to put a kid's pedal car after they went to bed on Christmas eve but might be close. Most of it is somewhat self explanatory but a guy needs to figure out the order things need to be installed in.

If someone doesn't post a photo or scan before I get home and dig out the Assembly manual I'll go out in the garage and get mine and see if it has any decent drawings of the door pieces or if the service manual has any.

MARTINSR 12-12-2015 10:04 PM

Yep, that's for the rear window channel. It slips into channel at the top as I remember.

Brian

fredscarryall 12-13-2015 01:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This might help

fredscarryall 12-13-2015 01:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Another view

fredscarryall 12-13-2015 03:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I just bought a set from bowtie bits. $34 each.They are hard to find. I have only seen them on eBay used for $30 each and new from bowtie bits.

crossfire84 12-13-2015 09:55 AM

go to www.chevsofthe40s.com

bought mine from them.

MARTINSR 12-13-2015 02:40 PM

Awesome photos Fred!

Brian

greg_h 12-13-2015 07:18 PM

Those photos have been an asset to many people but I think it is fair that we give credit to the owner of the one shot at least...Mothertrucker in Tucson AZ.

fredscarryall 12-14-2015 01:25 AM

I cant take credit for either picture. They have been a big help to me. I never wrote Down who took the pictures. So I couldn't let everyone know.

greg_h 12-14-2015 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredscarryall (Post 7409486)
I cant take credit for either picture. They have been a big help to me. I never wrote Down who took the pictures. So I couldn't let everyone know.

M.T. is a nice guy but he doesn't want anyone to know it. He comes across as one of the gruffest characters you would ever meet. I have no idea if the second picture is his or not but he did his "trademark stamping" of the first picture. If he ran across this thread, we would all be in for a lecture and a scolding. :lol: I just wanted to give him his due credit just in case he ever does run across this thread. They really are helpful pictures though aren't they?

Enough said on that matter. Carry on...

fredscarryall 12-15-2015 01:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Did that help runpasthefence. Looks like the other picture was from mothertrucker also. He also posted another picture for the wing widow set up.

greg_h 12-15-2015 10:16 AM

Let me start with an apology. I never intended to make a big deal out of it. MT is truly one of a kind. I agree that this is open forum and that the most important thing is that help was given to someone that needed it. I will explain more to you in a private message. I have already taken this thread way off track. BTW, I don't know that I had seen the last picture you posted. It is now saved to my own collection...Thanks!

runpasthefence 12-15-2015 05:48 PM

Hey guys, thanks for all of the help. Those pictures are gold. I found the thread on jalopy journal, and I'll post my thanks to the original poster as well.

Thanks for the leads as well. I'd never heard of bowtie bits before. I ended up ordering from them simply because I found the parts on their site more quickly than chevsofthe40s.

Might have the doors on by Christmas! Thanks all.

MotherTrucker 12-15-2015 06:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for backin' me up there Greg.

I don't mind my pictures being used.... {as long as you are not using my pictures & claiming they are yours}.

They have MTAZ plastered all over them anyway so....
I look at as free advertising.

Thanks President M.T.

58CameoAZ 12-15-2015 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotherTrucker (Post 7411603)
Thanks for backin' me up there Greg.

I don't mind my pictures being used.... {as long as you are not using my pictures & claiming they are yours}.

They have MTAZ plastered all over them anyway so....
I look at as free advertising.

Thanks President M.T.

Ok, i have to ask, Is that a Pic from the PIMA Air Museum in Tucson?

greg_h 12-15-2015 09:18 PM

Just like Beetlejuice... I must have said his name three times!:D

No problem MT. Like I said, those pictures are priceless in the help that they give and I am sure they more than answered the question at hand. Thanks for creating them and thanks for letting them help others.

That being said, MT is a one-stop shop for the hard to find used parts, NOS parts, and reproduction parts. He tooled up to reproduce the suburban seats that you see vendors selling now. He partnered to make Reproduction Fenton exhaust manifolds, and the 3.55 gear sets more available. But enough sales pitch.

He can be kind of a prick though, he is just being nice now to make me look like a dumbass!:lol::haha:

solidaxel 11-29-2016 12:22 PM

M T's is my One Stop Shopping center, he always has what I am looking for, and great prices!!