The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Repro Hoods (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=739324)

urmyboyblue 06-04-2017 09:11 AM

Repro Hoods

Has anyone taken delivery of a new repro hood yet? I know one guy posted he bought one, but never posted that he got it or any pictures of it (unless I missed it). So has anyone seen a new hood yet? Does it fit right?

The Rocknrod 06-04-2017 10:26 AM

Re: Repro Hoods

Not very long ago there was a thread on it where one guy purchased one, however we never heard from him since. So I wonder if he received it?

Nsanehotrodz 06-04-2017 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urmyboyblue (Post 7958744)
Has anyone taken delivery of a new repro hood yet? I know one guy posted he bought one, but never posted that he got it or any pictures of it (unless I missed it). So has anyone seen a new hood yet? Does it fit right?

If you have instagram follow @nsanehotrodz for pictures of the new hoods!

my56chevytruck 06-04-2017 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urmyboyblue (Post 7958744)

I've never posted any info on the 56 chevy repo hood I bought about 4 years ago, but I can tell you most repo sheet metal DOES NOT fit well, if at all. Now that's only my opinion and some may disagree, but my experience is if at all possible, use what you have. Make it fit, your always better using original sheet metal.

urmyboyblue 06-04-2017 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nsanehotrodz (Post 7959071)

I don't have Instagram. So you have gotten one or more new hoods? Tell me how much you get for them- I am looking for two of them if they are worth the money.

urmyboyblue 06-04-2017 09:10 PM

I looked up your web site and found your price. So does it fit decent? Lots of work to make them fit? Quality acceptable?

The Rocknrod 06-04-2017 09:37 PM

Quote:

If you have instagram follow ...!

What is intant gram?
Got any pics bigger than this?: http://cdn3.bigcommerce.com/s-eqxjrw...0.1280.jpg?c=2

forestb 06-05-2017 04:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rocknrod (Post 7959264)
What is intant gram?

:mm:

urmyboyblue 06-06-2017 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urmyboyblue (Post 7959236)
I don't have Instagram. So you have gotten one or more new hoods? Tell me how much you get for them- I am looking for two of them if they are worth the money.

I am very serious about buying two of them- as in I would order them today if I saw some pictures. And I am unclear still if anyone has gotten one to look at. If you have a picture, please post it here for those of us who are unsocial.

GMCNUT 06-06-2017 03:53 PM

Quote:

Got on Instagram and am now following you, but can only find one pic of a new reproduction hood sitting on stands - are any new hoods mounted and test fit yet? Everyone on this forum wants to now if they fit - reproduction parts have earned a bad name because of poor fitment vs original pieces, but the new fleetside beds are slowly changing people's perception a bit since they do fit well compared to the reproduction fenders and doors etc....so we'd all love to discover these hoods are worth buying - post something when you can

Nsanehotrodz 06-11-2017 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urmyboyblue (Post 7960696)
I am very serious about buying two of them- as in I would order them today if I saw some pictures. And I am unclear still if anyone has gotten one to look at. If you have a picture, please post it here for those of us who are unsocial.

The hoods I have in stock are for customer builds only. We will have more hoods coming soon on the next shipment that will be available. I will post pictures of a new hood installed on our instagram page and nsanehotrodz.com next week. The new hoods are awesome and will save a ton of time and money!

urmyboyblue 06-11-2017 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nsanehotrodz (Post 7964856)
The hoods I have in stock are for customer builds only. We will have more hoods coming soon on the next shipment that will be available. I will post pictures of a new hood installed on our instagram page and nsanehotrodz.com next week. The new hoods are awesome and will save a ton of time and money!

Thanks for the reply. I will look at the pictures you post on your website and if I like what I see, I will get in touch with you.

Thanks

The Rocknrod 06-11-2017 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urmyboyblue (Post 7964915)
thanks for the reply. i will look at the pictures you post on your website and if i like what i see, i will get in touch with you.
Thanks

x2

AnobleL74 06-11-2017 08:15 PM

i bought my original hood sight unseen, had to drive from florida to oklahoma to get it, but am very satisfied to have a straight rust free original hood over a perp hood. i paid 450$ but had lots of gas bills, but worth it to me since my truck is all orig sheet metal.

urmyboyblue 06-26-2017 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nsanehotrodz (Post 7964856)

Am I missing it or have these pictures not been posted? I have been watching your web site, but I still don't see any installed new hood pictures.

Anyone else seen a new hood (1962-66) installed yet?

The Rocknrod 06-29-2017 03:36 PM

Still keeping an eye out myself.

urmyboyblue 07-09-2017 09:19 AM

Really? No one has mounted up one of these new hoods to see how it fits? Not sure how to take the no reply thing... if it fit like crap, you would expect a person who got ripped off to yell their lungs off. But if it fit great, you would expect them to sing the praises of the great repro parts gods. My guess is they haven't been put on many if any trucks. Someone prove me wrong.

derail 07-11-2017 08:59 PM

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWYPi0Mj...ehotrodz&hl=en

urmyboyblue 07-12-2017 01:10 PM

Thanks for the picture. However, it really does not show how the hood lines up with much. Need a shot of the seam between the hood and cowl pieces to really get a good idea of fitment.

Nsanehotrodz 07-13-2017 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urmyboyblue (Post 7989282)
Thanks for the picture. However, it really does not show how the hood lines up with much. Need a shot of the seam between the hood and cowl pieces to really get a good idea of fitment.

More pics on @nsanehotrodz and @nsanepartz Instagram page.

urmyboyblue 07-14-2017 08:19 AM

Is the hood on the bright orange truck a new hood?

Nsanehotrodz 07-14-2017 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urmyboyblue (Post 7990595)
Is the hood on the bright orange truck a new hood?

No