The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Welcome Area (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   new member , nervous and struggling a little (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=748809)

mel knippson 10-19-2017 11:50 PM

new member , nervous and struggling a little

4 Attachment(s)
hello fellas , name is Billy Knippers and this is what im working on , 68 step, motor is out of a 93 suburban rear is from a 84 c10 its came along ways this my first project with a vehicle , made a few mistakes already , i have learned alot and feel like i know nothing when i visit this forum , you guys are truly god sent for a lot of people , very selfless thing .. thankyou for that

Stocker 10-20-2017 12:43 AM

Re: new member , nervous and struggling a little

Welcome! That's quite a transformation from the first pic... lots of progress! Glad you found this board, there's a wealth of info here & no shortage of folks willing to offer assistance.

mongocanfly 10-20-2017 03:48 AM

agreed...welcome ....nice transformation...

mel knippson 10-20-2017 05:07 PM

hey you guys saying that really means more than you know ...

Black_Sheep 10-20-2017 07:18 PM

Geez Mel, it looks like you have a pretty good handle on things.

Welcome to the forum

hewittca 10-20-2017 09:33 PM

Welcome and very nice work so far. That looks like some nice patina. Are you keeping it that way?

Advanced Design 10-20-2017 10:18 PM

Mel, looking real good there. Do you have a build thread going? I would like to tag along.

mel knippson 10-21-2017 01:00 AM

i must take good pictures lol .. thankyou .. i do not have a build thread i didnt want to jinx myself.

mel knippson 10-21-2017 01:04 AM

thankyou sir .and heck yes .... LOVE THE PATINA ... i dont know who started the fad but all i know is that it saves me alot of money on this project lol ..

mel knippson 10-21-2017 01:05 AM

thankyou wow... you guys have defiantly made my day ...

mel knippson 10-21-2017 01:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
if you can get your hands on a power chair for cheap ,, here is prob the most useful thing i have ever came up with ..

jjzepplin 10-21-2017 03:52 AM

And umm you need OUR help?

SuperC10Tex 10-21-2017 05:45 AM

Welcome from West Texas! Nice work there Sir!!! ;)

fear_nothing 10-21-2017 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mel knippson (Post 8064972)
if you can get your hands on a power chair for cheap ,, here is prob the most useful thing i have ever came up with ..

That power chair is flat out brilliant!:metal:

Advanced Design 10-21-2017 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mel knippson (Post 8064972)

Cool idea! This would be an interesting project, discussion over in the shop and tools section.

franken 10-21-2017 08:10 PM

Nothing to be nervous about. We all make mistakes and learn everyday.
Pretty ambitious to drag that truck out of the weeds and make it what it is now. Congrats.

mel knippson 10-21-2017 10:23 PM

thankyou very much im havin a good time , if by some chance it runs and drives straight , i will be beside myself ..

mel knippson 10-21-2017 10:24 PM

thankyou sir , i have definitely made a few mistakes , this forum can help or bite ya in tha tush if you just look at the pictures .. ask this guy .. it happened lol ..

mel knippson 10-21-2017 10:25 PM

i am glad you think so .. i really could not do with out it .. thankyou sir

mel knippson 10-21-2017 10:29 PM

lol .. well i can make things pretty but run and drive is yet to be seen .. thankyou very much though . .man what a confidence booster

mel knippson 10-21-2017 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperC10Tex (Post 8064984)
Welcome from West Texas! Nice work there Sir!!! ;)

thankyou sir lovin this forum .. im not sure how to reply properly let me know if ya get to it thanks again

mel knippson 10-21-2017 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Advanced Design (Post 8064886)
Mel, looking real good there. Do you have a build thread going? I would like to tag along.

oh cool i see how to reply now .. no sir i do not but since there are a few of you that think i may be heading in the right direction i think i will , whats the worst that can happen ." someone corrects one of my wrongs " that wouldnt be bad at all . thankyou for the giving me a boost !

mel knippson 10-21-2017 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Advanced Design (Post 8065388)
Cool idea! This would be an interesting project, discussion over in the shop and tools section.

awesome , i will make it happen , would be nice to contribute . my project wouldnt be were its at with out this forum .

mel knippson 10-21-2017 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stocker (Post 8064334)
Welcome! That's quite a transformation from the first pic... lots of progress! Glad you found this board, there's a wealth of info here & no shortage of folks willing to offer assistance.

thank you very much , you guys have already showed me the rules and made me feel right at home. ps is this the right way to respond ?

mel knippson 10-21-2017 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franken (Post 8065409)
Nothing to be nervous about. We all make mistakes and learn everyday.
Pretty ambitious to drag that truck out of the weeds and make it what it is now. Congrats.

thank you Franken means more than you know , i have put in a lot of hours and have had to redo several things . thanks to stalking this forum i have corrected or did it right the first time . this is the most expensive 700 dollar truck i have ever owned thats for sure