The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   Ol’ Blue - project (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=762402)

BeardedCowboy87 04-23-2018 02:04 AM

Ol’ Blue - project

5 Attachment(s)
Hey all, (sorry for the long post)
New to the forum.. here is my ‘65 C10 project Ol’ Blue. Just a little run down of the truck; It was my Grandaddy’s truck that he bought back in 1985 from his cousin. He handed it down to me about 2 years ago and once I got it I started doing little stuff. It sat for he first year in my garage.. then I started ordering parts. First on the list was new Carb, exhaust manifold, plugs, wires, the whole “tune-up” parts list.. i bought brand new chrome front and rear bumpers and grill. I drove it for about 9 months every day to work and back. Then it got cold and didn’t like starting up so it sat all winter. 2 weeks ago I got the itch to get back in it. So I started ordering parts.. this list included CPP front and rear 4” drop springs and shocks, new distributor, fuel pump, coil, plugs and wires again, air filter, oil and filter, and I reset the timing. (Don’t think the timing was set right when I originally got the truck) The truck runs amazing now. Next on the list is ball joints (just ordered them), wood bed floor kit, wheels and tires (which will be steelies with a thin white wall), and new reupholstered seat. I also just bought a universal electric fuel pump to mount under the hood for start up. It seems when the truck sits for awhile the fuel drains out of the carb and it’s hard to start. Mounting the electric fuel pump I can just flip a switch to prime the carb and fire it right up. Having a new carb built as we speak so maybe that will solve my issue and I can keep the fuel pump on stand by. Here are a few pics of Ol’ Blue. First pic is before it’s lowered and the rest are how it sits currently.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rusty63 04-23-2018 03:11 AM

Re: Ol’ Blue - project

Nice,love the stance on it....

61K10 04-23-2018 12:56 PM

Welcome, and your tk looks good. have fun---------

BeardedCowboy87 04-23-2018 05:35 PM

Rusty63, 61K10- thank you guys!
Posted via Mobile Device

rusty76 04-23-2018 08:34 PM

Welcome neighbor. Cool truck.

BeardedCowboy87 04-23-2018 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rusty76 (Post 8245769)
Welcome neighbor. Cool truck.

Thank you sir!
Posted via Mobile Device

shp4man 04-24-2018 12:58 AM

I had the same starting issue with mine- Rochester B carbs are a little weird. Found a better carburetor ( a better Rochester B) and it was fixed.

BeardedCowboy87 04-24-2018 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shp4man (Post 8246016)
I had the same starting issue with mine- Rochester B carbs are a little weird. Found a better carburetor ( a better Rochester B) and it was fixed.

Do you have a link to it or more info on it? Would love to buy one and give it a try. I’m currently have my spare rebuilt.. gonna give it a try. Would really like to get a better one though.
Posted via Mobile Device