The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Killer Score (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=763469)

cleszkie 05-08-2018 05:28 PM

Killer Score

5 Attachment(s)
Let me star by saying that this is not a for sale thread.

Today I picked up some of the best Blazer sheet metal I have ever seen. I bought a package deal that included passenger and driver 1972 Blazer doors, passenger and driver front fenders, and a drivers side rear quarter panel. All came off the same Blazer. Ochre, original paint, only some very minor surface rust. Mostly just patina. Paint shines up nicely I paid a fair amount for the stuff, but well below the street value of all this OEM steel if sold individually. I don't really need the stuff, but it was just too good a deal to pass up. So into the stash pile it goes. The fenders and doors are so nice I might just swap the ones on my Blazer out for them. The doors both have a pretty rad mining/prospecting/developing logo on them from some long gone SoCal high desert company.

too much stuff 05-08-2018 05:44 PM

Re: Killer Score

Nice! Makes you wonder why they tore it apart?

chevyguy_72 05-08-2018 05:54 PM

I agree was it totaled out on the passenger rear or something? Nice find...

rsavage 05-08-2018 06:19 PM

Nice score! Those pieces look superior.

Sand Wrench 05-09-2018 12:29 AM

Love the logos on the doors! That's some living room quality Blazer wall art right there! :chevy:

truckster 05-09-2018 12:35 AM

Some guys have all the luck...

Congratulations on the score.

cleszkie 05-09-2018 01:04 AM

I don't know what the rest of the donor Blazer looked like. But the seller had the passenger side rear quarter panel and tailgate on his blazer, and they were just as nice as the pieces I got. He got all the pieces when he bought his Blazer, so he never saw the donor. I imagine the tub was probably really clean and straight too. Probably just blown apart to make more money by selling everything separately.

I only wish I had found this stuff before I put in all the hours to repair my doors and rear quarters.

Tuff Gong 05-09-2018 01:32 AM

Great score. I’m really stoked for you. You should do the swap out on your truck and then bite the bullet and get it painted. At least you won’t look like the coolest homeless guy in the world anymore. Lol. All jokes a side, you definitely have one of the top blazers on this site.

68panelman 05-09-2018 07:08 AM

Awesome unheard-of find. Mount those doors, they'll fit right in with the camper and gear on your Blazer.:metal:

leddzepp 05-09-2018 10:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Those parts look familiar :lol:

leddzepp 05-09-2018 10:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Another

leddzepp 05-09-2018 10:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Sellers Blazer

cleszkie 05-09-2018 01:21 PM

Leddzepp - Yep. Same parts. The guy lives just a few miles from me. I was watching his craigslist ad for a while, wondering when the stuff would get scooped up. He sold off some of the other stuff, but could not sell the sheet metal because he was wanting to sell it as a package and not piece it out. According to the guy, plenty of people wanted one or two pieces, but not the whole pile. When I saw that the stuff was still available after almost a month on CL, I made my move with cash in hand and a trailer. Timing is everything.

BTW, have you done anything yet with that tranny I gave you? Hope that works out well.

lks dcvn 05-09-2018 05:49 PM

it was up for less than 10k for the blazer and all the extra parts for awhile - glad to see somebody got the stuff!

leddzepp 05-09-2018 07:31 PM

Trans is cleaned and painted, ready to go in when I pull the engine for its cleaning and re-seal. I just finished redoing all the brakes. I did bend and twist that van dipstick and install it. Man it is loooooong. I’ll try and get a pic, it comes out all the way past the master cylinder and rests against the side of it. Any further and I could pull it out through the grille with the hood shut :haha:

wiggins 05-15-2018 05:06 PM

I know you said they weren't for sale but Ive got an ochre 72' that needs new doors and Im about to cut up some really nice truck doors to put on my blazer. You don't have a price in mind?

Harold Holbrook 05-15-2018 05:13 PM

If you ever go to sell the doors, let me know.
Thanks

cleszkie 05-15-2018 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiggins (Post 8261710)
I know you said they weren't for sale but Ive got an ochre 72' that needs new doors and Im about to cut up some really nice truck doors to put on my blazer. You don't have a price in mind?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harold Holbrook (Post 8261715)
If you ever go to sell the doors, let me know.
Thanks

If I decide to sell the doors, I will post an ad in the Blazer classifieds. As of now they are not for sale. They may go on my Blazer.

scott123 05-15-2018 10:40 PM

Great find.

I bought a 71 once, really , really rough. I got the 'parts' that went with it.

It was the front clip and doors off a 72 ambulance.

The only thing I had to do was cut some patches for the fenders. They had 115V receptacles in the lower back half of the front fenders.

Perfect 1972 sheet metal. That was my lottery. LOL

Great find. And like you said, timing is everything.

Scott