The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   My Farm Truck Grill (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=764801)

Steeveedee 05-31-2018 03:10 PM

My Farm Truck Grill

I'm going to make a grill for my truck. It has a hack-job '71 or '72 grill that my FiL put in. The turn signals are cut into the grill and mounted vertical rather than the stock horizontal. It's north of $700 for a repro grill, to get the pieces I need. So, I'm going to make one. Several of my friends say that my truck is a "Farm Truck'.

Anyway, I'm thinking of using that "Farm Truck" phrase instead of the word "Chevrolet" on the bar across the grill because I think it is funny. But I see that the guy who has the racing Farm Truck already did that. I wonder if there is a copyright on something like that? I don't want to get spanked, though I have to say that my lawyers are probably better.

slomotion 05-31-2018 05:11 PM

Re: My Farm Truck Grill

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 8272219)
I'm going to make a grill for my truck. It has a hack-job '71 or '72 grill that my FiL put in. The turn signals are cut into the grill and mounted vertical rather than the stock horizontal. It's north of $700 for a repro grill, to get the pieces I need. So, I'm going to make one. Several of my friends say that my truck is a "Farm Truck'.

Anyway, I'm thinking of using that "Farm Truck" phrase instead of the word "Chevrolet" on the bar across the grill because I think it is funny. But I see that the guy who has the racing Farm Truck already did that. I wonder if there is a copyright on something like that? I don't want to get spanked, though I have to say that my lawyers are probably better.

How about "PHARM TRUCK"? :)

truckster 05-31-2018 06:01 PM

A Google search shows dozens of businesses using that name. I doubt it could be copyrighted.

Steeveedee 05-31-2018 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slomotion (Post 8272296)
How about "PHARM TRUCK"? :)

Pack it full of drugs... :ito: Yeeeaaahhhh, NO. :lol: Closest I get to that stuff is pain medication. I still have pain pills left from when I hurt my back in '11. I can't stand the sensation I get from those.

Steeveedee 05-31-2018 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truckster (Post 8272315)
A Google search shows dozens of businesses using that name. I doubt it could be copyrighted.

Yeah, I probably should have done that myself. I think it's a funny name. Better run it by the female parental unit first, before I spend the time on it.

slomotion 05-31-2018 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 8272359)
Pack it full of drugs... :ito: Yeeeaaahhhh, NO. :lol: Closest I get to that stuff is pain medication. I still have pain pills left from when I hurt my back in '11. I can't stand the sensation I get from those.

That never crossed my mind......I was thinking of the "F" sound that "PH" makes.....sorry.

Boog 05-31-2018 09:01 PM

Like the real "farm truck" ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epe9oOqQIP4&app=desktop

Steeveedee 05-31-2018 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slomotion (Post 8272383)
That never crossed my mind......I was thinking of the "F" sound that "PH" makes.....sorry.

:lol: No worries!

Steeveedee 05-31-2018 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog (Post 8272432)

:lol: That's the one! :lol: I don't want to look like a copycat, but I think it would be pretty funny to play off of what my friends call my truck.

It's funny, because that truck has the white/hugger orange/white paint job just like my truck originally had...and a white camper shell, to boot.

Hmmmm...maybe I'll just make the words on the grill "ORANGE ACRES". My dad had a '65 F**d truck that was tree frog green, and he cut up the hood letters and repositioned them to say "FROG". Yeah, we're kind of a weird bunch.

special-K 06-01-2018 07:09 AM

I just don't see a farm truck when I see your truck and I'm sure people will see it as a knock-off of the well known drag truck. I'd find a driver grille insert and be done with it. My '71 wrecker with push bumper had the factory parking lamp/turn signals mounted behind the grille in upper outer corners. Pretty cool. They were hidden, yet visible.

If you do the other grille you'll need to go out an getcha a Shady Brady hat and take the latch & hatch supports off so it flaps when you take off.

Steeveedee 06-01-2018 10:26 AM

:lol: Point taken. I don't really want to look like a wannabee drag racer; I have my own fame to deal with. :rolleyes: I'll look for a decent driver.

Coley 06-01-2018 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog (Post 8272432)

lol....just watched that video.
I can't believe those guys tried to cover up some bad driving and loss of control in a burnout.....with more loss of control after the burn out,....thus denting the other side of the trucks front end and putting an end to their 'farmtruck' grill.

Lol, sometimes its better to quit while you are ahead.....:lol:

(vs. the real or original farm truck: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbxG3_qBXQk )

All good
Coley

special-K 06-02-2018 08:45 AM

Dang, didn't expect to change your mind. Oh well, at least your insurance won't go up!

Steeveedee 06-02-2018 11:11 AM

Well, even if I had the "FARM TRUCK" label on the grill, I wouldn't drive like that guy does! :lol: I value my truck.

CG 06-02-2018 12:25 PM

I agree with special-K (usually do).

Steeveedee 06-02-2018 04:20 PM

I do agree. It's just that I've been looking for awhile, and haven't found one, so was going to make one. The Farm Truck logo is off the table, though.

special-K 06-07-2018 07:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I must admit, I have a thing for farm truck girls

Boog 06-08-2018 07:48 PM

um yeah. "Farmer Johnson knows how to grow them if ya know what I mean."
Tim McGraw

Coley 06-08-2018 10:49 PM

Yep.....appears to be 'grain fed', always a good thing.
gotta like them boots too....lol

Steeveedee 06-08-2018 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8276511)
I must admit, I have a thing for farm truck girls

I saw a gal at the body shop wearing yoga pants who had eyes like that, when I was picking up my now dent-free econobox. The one dent required metal work and paint, so cost me my $500 deductible (perp hit and ran with no info :( ). The other one was a little ding along the crease in the fender where the flat meets the curve on these new cars. I would've tipped the guy a few bucks if I had been there when he was done. It cost $80 instead of $500, and I can't find any wavy metal there. Dude was an artist, end of story.

special-K 06-09-2018 06:19 AM

More about the yoga pants, please. Was she wearing cowboy boots, too?

Sounds like a good body shop experience all around, except for the reason you had to go in the first place. Hit & run should carry heavy penalties and fines... for the ones who get caught. They can tell their buddies how bad they got screwed for it, how much worse running made it, and maybe it would instill some scruples to protect their own selfish asses... since obviously they don't care about others (until forced to).

Steeveedee 06-09-2018 11:31 AM

Nah, just flip-flops for foot wear. I don't live in Los Angeles County (I'm about 6 miles from the county line), but the news paper we get originates there. Hit-and-run on property gets resolved about 16% of the time, I read in it. If it can be driven away, that's what usually happens. Of course, in my case it was some old person who likely shouldn't be driving. We had one incident recently where the guy hit the gas instead of the brakes, and mowed down a sign. He narrowly missed running over some people exiting the building. I'm always really careful around the Senior Center for that reason.