The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Fell in love yesterday in Bee Cave TX (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=769089)

dirt_dobber 08-09-2018 08:55 AM

Fell in love yesterday in Bee Cave TX

1 Attachment(s)
Driving in Bee Cave TX (just west of Austin) and saw a sweet 67-72 - I could only see it from driver side. I honked at him at a stop light and he rolled down the window (I know he has AC because it was 103 yesterday) and yelled out to the guy "Love your truck" he smiled and said thanks and thumps up. Light turned green and that was it. I had a major dr. appt to make and had my wifey with me. I should have blown everything off and followed him to a stopping point so I could ask THE question. Is it for sale?

I really liked that truck Short bed, step side, nice lowered stance with a mild rake and faded denim blue looking paint. If I could have seen the front of the truck I could have narrowed the model year better. I would pay big for that truck.

I know it is a huge long-shot but you never know...
Does anyone know that truck in the Austin area???

here is my old 1972 that I sold (in 2002) to help pay for the kids college and I drove a 67 shorty in HS back in 1977
Attachment 1809649

OregonNed 08-09-2018 03:19 PM

Re: Fell in love yesterday in Bee Cave TX

It's a beauty, that's for sure!

old51sedan 08-09-2018 04:47 PM

Beautiful truck. Sure hope college worked for him, what we don't do for our kids.

Bones72Super 08-09-2018 07:36 PM

I have talked to the guy you're talking about at the gas station about a year-and-a-half ago. I cannot remember his name but the truck is either 67 or 68 small back window lowered with a nice stance as you said with torque thrust Rocket Fuel Gray wheels. The truck looks great in that color of blue. I don't know if the truck is for sale or not but I guess everything has a price. If I can snap a picture of it before you can I'll post it up!

dirt_dobber 08-12-2018 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bones72Super (Post 8318962)
I have talked to the guy you're talking about at the gas station about a year-and-a-half ago. I cannot remember his name but the truck is either 67 or 68 small back window lowered with a nice stance as you said with torque thrust Rocket Fuel Gray wheels. The truck looks great in that color of blue. I don't know if the truck is for sale or not but I guess everything has a price. If I can snap a picture of it before you can I'll post it up!

Oh my gosh yes!!! that is the one I was talking about. Yes small back window with the same wheels you were talking about. I'm afraid I'm close to stalking but if you can get the truck with plate - I have some police friends who can run the plate...

special-K 08-12-2018 07:54 AM

Do you wear a bandana hat and go by the name "Count"?

Bones72Super 08-12-2018 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8320592)
Do you wear a bandana hat and go by the name "Count"?

lol I hope he doesn't

Bones72Super 08-12-2018 05:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oddly enough since you've mentioned the truck I have seen it twice in the last 2 days. It has slots on it and not the wheels that I mentioned above I can't believe I missed that because I love slots. I love the way this truck sits. The small back window and it being a Stepside make it that much cooler

special-K 08-12-2018 06:10 PM

I see the charm. The spinners on the dull slots mixed with that worn out silver blue sitting low with slight rake and small mirror. It's got something going on for sure, like the 2-lane blacktop '55.

dirt_dobber 08-13-2018 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bones72Super (Post 8320933)
Oddly enough since you've mentioned the truck I have seen it twice in the last 2 days. It has slots on it and not the wheels that I mentioned above I can't believe I missed that because I love slots. I love the way this truck sits. The small back window and it being a Stepside make it that much cooler

THAT'S IT!!!!! can't believe you saw it - Where did you see it?
I really want to contact this guy...

Bones72Super 08-13-2018 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirt_dobber (Post 8321500)
THAT'S IT!!!!! can't believe you saw it - Where did you see it?
I really want to contact this guy...

I returned your p.m. and gave you my phone number I would at least like to contact you before I post a picture with the license plate on it. I don't want this guy's truck to get stolen or anything and then feel like a d-bag for giving out the information. No offense and I hope you understand

Bones

dirt_dobber 08-13-2018 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bones72Super (Post 8321634)
I returned your p.m. and gave you my phone number I would at least like to contact you before I post a picture with the license plate on it. I don't want this guy's truck to get stolen or anything and then feel like a d-bag for giving out the information. No offense and I hope you understand

Bones

Man, thanks Bones - I hadn’t even considered the theft angle and you are so right and I completely understand and agree. Thanks for the pm.

6T7 C10 08-14-2018 09:36 PM

I swear I remember seeing that truck in some unknown online classified add from about ten years ago and it was located somewhere west of Austin and north of San Antonio. The only thing different now is that it has been lowered. Everything else is how I remember it. (If it is the same truck.)

RDrancher 08-14-2018 09:48 PM

Oh great...now I want it. :lol:

RustyBucket 08-14-2018 10:27 PM

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's '67 stepside....... ;)

RDrancher 08-14-2018 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustyBucket (Post 8322709)
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's '67 stepside....... ;)

Man, I tell ya... :lol: