The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Can you guys help me out with this new floor pan 66 panel (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=774084)

hendrob 10-28-2018 01:51 PM

Can you guys help me out with this new floor pan 66 panel

4 Attachment(s)
Gentlemen, can you have a look at these pictures please. Am I brain dead, stupid or what ? Left floor panel , supposed to fit 66 C30 Panel which is what this is . For the life of me I can't see how it fits. the tag says for pickup , are they different than for Panel Truck ? Eklers site said it would fit, that's why ii ordered . Any help would be appreciated, thank you ~~~ Bob

dracko 10-28-2018 03:10 PM

Re: Can you guys help me out with this new floor pan 66 panel

Yeah that’ll work. If you don’t want to remove the outer rocker panel you’ll need to drill out some spot welds.

If you crawl under the truck you’ll see that that side that drops down is the inner rocker. Typically you need to do the whole thing though so I used the “outer floor” patch on each side.

dracko 10-28-2018 03:13 PM

It looks like your outer rocker is roached. Depending on what you’re replacing, you could weld a couple cross braces in the cab to keep things square and kosher, and then take off that gnarly rocker panel, then you will be able to cut the floor/inner rocker out to fit your patch.

hendrob 10-29-2018 10:14 AM

Thanks very much sir . yes I do have outer and and the Inner flat rockers , also got inner fenders , even tho they only had rust where they attach up front by the rad . also got fenders . have not even been underneath yet . dont know what the cross braces are like . the rear underside and frame ?brake and fuel lines are excellent . found the floor rust strange , as it was only even titles in Mississippi and South TN but it is what it is , its 52 years old. I know in Southern Ontario it would be it would be disentigrated to a pile of rust dust , so in still happy and it runs strong. im sure this floor pan will click in my head once i get under the truck. are the upper pans available ? like behind the gas pedal and where the bright lights floor button is ? I see some holes there too. THANKS !!!! )

dracko 10-29-2018 12:15 PM

I hear ya man, I bought my 64 off eBay from Bozeman MT and it didn’t look too bad in the pics .... wellll so far I’ve replaced, rockers, kick plates, lower pillars, floor braces, cab corners, outer sections of floor and up to firewall, door skins, fenders, bedsides, tailgate and front bed panel. Haha I guess I’ve replaced more than I kept.

To the best of my knowledge the upper floor pan to the firewall isn’t available, I just used some flat sheet metal and cut to fit. I won’t have a recessed high beam switch anymore but I can live with it.

If your inner rocker panel is just a flat piece of sheet metal then half of it is already on that floor pan panel you posted earlier. The patch I used is similar but
narrower and runs the length of the door. Once you drill out the spot welds holding the outer rocker on you’ll see what’s cookin. May need lower pillars and kick plates too.

Were the inner fenders rusted up top where the bolt to the rad support? There is a patch panel available that kept me from having to replace mind. 4-5-6 trucks makes and sells them.