The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   LSx Swaps (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=206)
-   -   LS Engine mounts (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=788144)

faun_cee 06-06-2019 01:07 PM

LS Engine mounts

Just exploring my options here... are there any vehicles I can remove the mounts from? I have the 5.3 lq4.
also, what are some recommendations for an engine stand, motor mount set up?

siggyfreud 06-06-2019 04:41 PM

Re: LS Engine mounts

Not sure there are any you can remove factory mounts from and bolt in for an LS without some modification.

I see a lot of people using dirty dingo adjustable mounts so you can slide the engine forward and back to your desired spot.

MDPotter 06-06-2019 05:41 PM

I used Speed Engineering's adjustable motor plates with OEM rubber replacement mounts and the stock perches and it worked pretty well. I had to modify the plates on both sides because they interfered with a ground bolt in the block and also modified the mounts because they hit a couple bolts. The Speed Engineering plates have (4) sets of holes so to pick from, but it's not as easy as using sliders. If you don't mind spending $200-$300, you can get an aftermarket set of stands, mounts, and slider plates from POL or CPP.

Willie Makeit 06-07-2019 11:22 AM

stock towers with Dirty Dingo sliders and stock 67-72 motor mounts. have used this configuration multiple times with no issues other than the AC compressor must be mounted up high instead of the stock LS location.

mongocanfly 06-07-2019 01:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I used steel Ebay adapter plates that keep the back of the engine in the same location as the smallblock
Those bolt you the LS..the the sb clamshells bolt to those..then the LS will drop onto the sb rubber motor mounts....you wont need the LS mounts...
For a engine stand ,I made mine 30 some yrs ago...the ones at harbor freight or northern tool will work just fine..
And a lq4 is a 6.0...not a 5.3...just so you'll know..

faun_cee 06-07-2019 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mongocanfly (Post 8538430)
I used steel Ebay adapter plates that keep the back of the engine in the same location as the smallblock
Those bolt you the LS..the the sb clamshells bolt to those..then the LS will drop onto the sb rubber motor mounts....you wont need the LS mounts...
For a engine stand ,I made mine 30 some yrs ago...the ones at harbor freight or northern tool will work just fine..
And a lq4 is a 6.0...not a 5.3...just so you'll know..

Thank for letting me know. I thought the lq4 was the name for the 4.7, 5.3 and 6.0

skyphix 06-07-2019 10:06 PM

There are a ton of engine codes - LQ4 is just one for 6.0's, LQ9 is another.

LM7, L33, L59 are just some for the 5.3... all variants. And there are more, just cant think of them all off the top of my head at the moment.

And I just got my dirty dingo sliders in the mail this week - definitely recommend them if you want adjustability.