The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   LSx Swaps (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=206)
-   -   dirty dingo mounts blocking ground bolt? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=827601)

kev2809 11-07-2021 06:04 PM

dirty dingo mounts blocking ground bolt?

1 Attachment(s)
I'm either totally missing something here or do these dirty dingo mounts block the driver side ground bolt?

ls1nova71 11-07-2021 10:04 PM

Re: dirty dingo mounts blocking ground bolt?

Looks like it is. You should be able to use another threaded hole though. The one below it looks like it would work. I just found out today that a dirty dingo 4x4 front crossmember won't work with the factory brake lines.... You got off easy! :lol:

Warrens69GMC 11-07-2021 10:43 PM

Doesn't look like the engine is in the truck, do a radius clearance for it or use a ARP 12 point bolt or both?

sweetk30 11-07-2021 11:58 PM

Had problems with dirty dingo mounts years ago . And he was a real A-HOLE to deal with when i called him out on his crap quality control .

But as said ANY bolt hole will do for a ground point . There not super specific to just 1 spot .

pilotXC 11-08-2021 06:58 PM

Yeah, I had the same issue, very disappointing that there was no communication of that problem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ls1nova71 (Post 8993145)
Looks like it is. You should be able to use another threaded hole though. The one below it looks like it would work. I just found out today that a dirty dingo 4x4 front crossmember won't work with the factory brake lines.... You got off easy! :lol:

pilotXC 11-08-2021 06:59 PM

I agree, I called a couple times when I was having some issues and not very friendly or helpful. Seems a few minor adjustments would make it much more user friendly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetk30 (Post 8993182)
Had problems with dirty dingo mounts years ago . And he was a real A-HOLE to deal with when i called him out on his crap quality control .

But as said ANY bolt hole will do for a ground point . There not super specific to just 1 spot .

Wgesnerjr 11-08-2021 08:26 PM

a small radius cut will not effect the structural integrity of the mount. It will just make you life easier.

kev2809 11-08-2021 10:19 PM

ya there's no way this bolt goes on without taking a little chunk out of the mounts. I will use the bolt hole below that one. just weird that these don't already come clearanced around that ground bolt hole

sweetk30 11-08-2021 11:53 PM

Just to clarify my problem . His original slider mounts had welded on tabs . Once blasted in a cabinet before paint i found cold welds . He sent me a 2nd set . . Then same blast before paint and same cold welds . 1 was so bad i could stick a sheet of paper in the gap .

Not long after he offered to buy my silence off i saw he changed the design to a bent tab style .

I told him his attitude and crap welds and wanting to by my silence was not good . . . So i still tell my story as it is and no b/s filler crap .

kev2809 11-10-2021 06:36 PM

2 Attachment(s)
well the passenger side seems even worse. the motor mount hit the top bolt casting for the ac compressor

kev2809 11-13-2021 01:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I really need to read the instructions...it does state to trim the passenger side motor mount at the bottom. glad I read it, I was about to grind away at the ac compressor mounting hole :D