The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Best Offer (or most original) (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=844425)

CJ2A 05-11-2023 12:02 AM

Best Offer (or most original)

1 Attachment(s)
I like what I have and enjoy every conversation when I am driving one of my trucks. I have gotten a few notes on bar napkins, menu’s, business cards, etc…, in the past & just choose to post this one. I love how this guys wanted to get creative to get his pick up.

What was your most unique offer ?

RustyPile 05-11-2023 12:28 AM

Re: Best Offer (or most original)

The little town where I live has only 2 convenience store/ gas stations. One of them has a small parking lot and only 3 gas pumps. So I buy gas at the other one.. It never fails, when I pull up to the pump, here they come with the usual questions.. I like talking about my truck, so some lengthy conversations ensue. The "best" offer I've received from the "audience" is: "I'll give you sixty-five hunnert cash on the barrel head right now!!"

57taskforce 05-11-2023 01:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I got this on my short bed K10 last summer… it was sitting in my driveway as it isn’t currently running. I was pretty pissed I’m not gonna lie, Ben got a nice friendly expletive laced text message out of the deal… and that was all he got. If he hadn’t of taped it to the hood I wouldn’t have been mad at all, Not to mention the 3 no trespassing signs he drove past to get to it. I started locking my gate a whole lot more after that.

I’ve gotten a few under the wipers on my K20 and those always make me smile, it’s a compliment to me even if it’s not for sale.

tutone 05-11-2023 10:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Had several offers on mine. Most original was one fellow made a good offer at the C10 nats last fall at Nashville. He was looking for a patina truck. I asked for a card with his # in case I changed my mind. He just told me his name and said " Google me"
I did. He must have plenty of money.

Dieselwrencher 05-12-2023 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 57taskforce (Post 9203180)
I got this on my short bed K10 last summer… it was sitting in my driveway as it isn’t currently running. I was pretty pissed I’m not gonna lie, Ben got a nice friendly expletive laced text message out of the deal… and that was all he got. If he hadn’t of taped it to the hood I wouldn’t have been mad at all, Not to mention the 3 no trespassing signs he drove past to get to it. I started locking my gate a whole lot more after that.

I’ve gotten a few under the wipers on my K20 and those always make me smile, it’s a compliment to me even if it’s not for sale.

This is why I tread lightly these days when truck scouting. You just never know how people will react. I always go to the house first and usually won't walk around said vehicle without permission. I try to leave a note in the front door of the house. That is worrisome as well. Some people may not want you opening their door to leave a note.

I've had people leave notes under my wipers before. I actually sold a chevelle that way. These days I usually don't call back with a price unless I actually want it gone. More times than not those people will buy when you give them a price. :lol: