View Single Post
Old 01-19-2005, 11:50 AM   #76
LT4XTREME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx Firefighter
Kevin, these trucks prior to 73 didn't have wide dually rear ends. The earlier trucks actually had a narrower rear end so the dual wheels still stayed narrow. In 73, the rearends got wider under the duallys and the trucks grew "hips" on the bed because of it.

Also, there was never a true dually with a bed made prior to 73 either. All the earlier dually trucks were cab and chassis, which means they came with no bed.
I asked this question in a post about longhorns a while ago and never got a answer. About 15 years agoa local car lot had a 71 or 72 C30 on the lot I stoped to look at a 67 El Camino they had and seen the C30. It had a longhorn bed I had never seen the extra lenth added to a bed like that and thought the seam looked funny. I also remember that the bed floor was smooth at the very front (8 inches maybe) to match the floor to the lengthened bed sides. It also had really wide wheel house's in the bed to clear the dually tires. So are you saying that someone converted this C30 dually by putting a longhorn bed on it and widening the wheel houses. I never seen one like it but thought it was factory but I'm really confused now. Has anyone ever seen a set of those wide inner fenders. I use to have a catalog for 67-72 truck parts from a place in Virginia something ville wythville maybe I think it was Wentz or Wentzel truck parts. They had fiberglass inner fender that was wider than stock like the steel ones I seen. Does anyone know if they are still available.
LT4XTREME is offline   Reply With Quote