View Single Post
Old 01-31-2005, 10:24 PM   #95
67_C-30
I have a radical idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7gmc2
mmmaaaannnnn 67_30 you came through with some more great pics! i don't think i have seen any of those posted before anywhere. the red one is very nice!.....what is that on the back of the green and black one? are those toolboxes? looks like it was at a truck show somewhere. the pearl colored one looks mean! i wonder how much it was for sale for? looks like alot of work got done to that one for sure! the 4 door primered one is a bit too much for me, but it may look good when it is done......anyway those are great , if you got more digem up. they are all real keepers.....thanks!
Thanks 7gmc2. I love these old trucks, and these are pics I have found trying to get ideas for mine. I actually don't know anything about any of them except the '70 green ext cab, '68 blue flatbed, and the '69 white flatbed. The rest are random pics from the net. I agree with you about the primered 4 door, I'm not crazy about it. That's truck bed turned sideways and upside down on the the green and black one. I looked long and hard at the red '69, and I finally figured out what looks odd about it. I thought at first the lower molding was giving it a different look, but after closer examination, I realized that whoever built this truck must have used the the rear sections of opposite side step side fenders, and welded them together to acheive the look. Notice how much wider the front part of the fender is than all the others posted. Also, if you look close you can see it taper down on the top edge on both ends. Regular stepside fenders only taper down on the rear.

As of now, my plan is to go with regular stepside fender, and profile it to look like the pearl white '69. I don't want mine lowered. I like the stance of the black one with new model bed. I think I am going to have my 17.5" rims chromed, and used just the center caps off of a set of simlulators. I want to run 245/75 R17.5 tires. I think this will give the truck a somewhat shorter, stockier look. As I mentioned before, I am going to use a Diesel out of a wrecked Suburban I have. I have a mint pair of '72 Cheyenne door panels, a '72 tilt column, and a very low mileage uncracked '67 steering wheel with a NOS horn cap that I have been saving for the right project. The only thing I still can't decide is if I want make it a 4WD. I probably won't, but man it would nice! I found a '65 3/4 ton 4WD today that I think it a NAMCO conversion. That would give me all the stuff to do the 4WD conversion. decisions, decisions.
'69 GMC C3500, dump truck, 351 V6, NP435
'84 M1009 CUCV Military Blazer

67 C-30 Turbodiesel build thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=254096

My trucks
http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/d...ediafilter=all

Member of the 1-Ton Club!

Last edited by 67_C-30; 02-01-2005 at 11:43 AM.
67_C-30 is offline   Reply With Quote