View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 08:42 PM   #101
Joey-D
City's Articulation Ramp

Re: Who here actually has one of these trucks?

I have a late 99, 2000 body style 2wd swb with the 4.8 auto. The truck has trouble starting when it is warm. If it has sat for a while and is completely cold, it will fire right up, but if I run in the store, go to dinner, whatever for a short period of time, it will crank for a couple of five seconds or so and then fire up. The truck has about 140xxx miles on it. When I purchased it at 125xxx, I replaced the fuel pump because it gave me this exact same problem, Had no problems until about 2000 miles back. I found out there was a recall on the fuel pump pigtail, and replaced the pigtail and and warrentied out the fuel pump. For a couple days, it worked fine, always fired right up, but since then it is back to its old ways. Runs great, but just doesn't fire up right away. Its kinda embarassing because my fiance comes from a multimillion dollar family, and my truck sound like a piece of ****. I thought maybe the fuel pressure regulator, but they don't make them aftermarket yet. Any suggestions?
19?? Zamboni, Really I own a Zamboni!
"If your gonna be stupid, then you better be tough."
Joey-D is offline   Reply With Quote