View Single Post
Old 01-27-2006, 02:03 PM   #179
valleycustom

Re: Custom Chassis with canti setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by a squarecan
I didn't realize exhaust's were so beefy.

This leaves me with 2 questions, that is if you don't mind.

1. Where do you recommend getting your exhaust parts from if I guy was to try to build him self an exhaust set-up.

2. what kind of mufflers are thoughs? They look like a race style muffler.

Ok I lied I have 1 more question, does it take a brain sergain to build an exhaust system? I can weld just fine, but is there a certain science to specific bends and such?

Thanks
Keith
I usally get all of my mandrel's from summit. Make sure what you get are 16ga. Hooker sells mandrels but they are 18 or 20 ga. I wouldn't use anything other than 16ga. You can get straight pipe from your local muffler shop. Those mufflers are flowmaster hushpower mufflers. I've never used them before so I'm not sure how they sound. If your just building a system for a daily driver there's no science involved, but if your making a system for a race car that's a different story. I have a box full of bends that I just cut up and weld back together. Making headders is the only thing that is hard. Well not very hard but it takes time. A set of headders can take me a week to build depending on how involved they are.

Later
Jr

Last edited by valleycustom; 01-27-2006 at 02:10 PM.
valleycustom is offline   Reply With Quote