View Single Post
Old 04-07-2006, 01:22 PM   #185
tlcruiser

Re: Project Penicillin~ 68 crewcab build up!

Well I'm new to this site and happened across this project.

I have been working towards doing a crew cab out of a suburban for several years. I have cut down several rusted out 'burbs to learn how they were assembled. And I have already done many hours of dreaming along with that. And after looking at all of your pictures from your project there has been nothing that you have shown me that I already have not planned for. Though I was not looking at changing the 'burb roof line I was going to redefine the rear cab panel to match. I'm still mixed about which way to go now. The lower roof line looks better (like it should be done).

I do have a couple of questions:
1) How did you work the roof line down did you cut the roof off at the drip rail and work it out or did you cut and splice it in middle?
2) I noticed that when you cut out for the 4th door that you removed the vin plate. I have been working with a local TXDot officer and he will not accept it with the vin plate tampered with. He looks at it like it is unidentifiable and considers it to be stolen. So do you have a plan about how it will be identified?

Thanks for any input Brian

'72 Chevy Cheynne L/B 1/2 ton (daily driver)
'72 Chevy C/10 s/b, 1/2 ton (for sale)
'72 Chevy Custom Deluxe 'burb, 3/4 ton
'72 Chevy Cheynne 'burb, 1/2 ton (soon to be crew'd)
'70 Chevy C/10, 1 ton, flat bed (shop truck)
'72 Chevy Custom Deluxe 3/4 ton l/b (project)
'66 Toyota Landcruiser
'64 Olds Dynamic 88 (for sale)
'67 chevy 3/4 ton, 4X4 l/b not running (for sale)
many 69-72 parts trucks

Last edited by tlcruiser; 04-07-2006 at 01:34 PM.
tlcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote