View Single Post
Old 07-09-2006, 05:49 PM   #10
onpman

Re: More progress pics....

Thanks for the compliments guys...this project has been ongoing since 03 and like I said I am hoping to have it completed by next spring. I'll try to answer all of your questions.

1. N2, I have a couple of choices on the way I finish the rims. Under the hummer cap I had the centers painted the same color as well. I could leave the caps of and just have the black hubs showing through or I was thinking using the similar caps as VT except using the black ones. I haven't decided yet.

2. Luv2, I will try to get some of the progress pics beginning to end sometime next week. When I picked up the rims on Friday my painter had painted the insides of the front fenders and hood and were doing one last mock up before painting the whole thing.

3.French, I had almost decided on copperhead pearl and then I started noticing a lot of other rigs painted the same color. In addition to being half the price, the Mazda color allows easy access to touch up paint if needed. The color came on Mazda 6's and looks AWESOME in the sun. I'll try to get some more color pics by the end of the week.

4.VT, I am hoping to build the most versatile blazer as possible. Not a hard core crawler but not a mall cruiser either. I live real close to the mountains and love camping and exploring trails. I want something that will capable on trails but not too uncomfortable on the road. As far as the tranny it will be an auto and I am have not decided between a th350/700r4 or upgrading to a 400. I probably won't see enough hiway to justify the 700r4 plus I not sure about it holding up to the engine. I have been looking into to either a 350 or 400 with a lower first gear set (2.75). Still up in the air...... Lift will be six inch lift with either 35's or 36's depending on the tranny. I've also got a roll bar on order from S@W like bluegoose's and will probably run a soft top. I'll post more pics as I get them.