View Single Post
Old 08-13-2006, 11:36 PM   #9
MrDanB

Re: SM420 and Driveline Q's...

Mike, The guy I got the truck from has a grille and "a box full of miscellaneous parts" for it...i will have to get over to his place and check out what he has. The next step is to see if the engine runs. I have a key on order through LMC right now. IF the 265 runs fairly well, then I will leave it in and work on the SM420 and driveline to at least get it running. Mostly so I can move it around while I work on it...I had originally thought 383 stroker or 406 w/350 trans, but I see naw that it is not a direct bolt in for the 265. I am more concerned about getting the cab re done before winter (interior) and getting a windshield put in... My friend in the local Camaro club has a 55 2nd with a clip he grafted on. He has a built 406 w/OD trans and 12 bolt posi. He loves that thing and it handles like it's on rails! Maybe down the road I can think about that sort of thing. I have other cars to drive and a Ram truck for now. I still need upper inside door metal pieces, some knobs and cables for the dash, upper grille piece, tranny boot/cover, etc. I'll keep ya posted.
Dan