View Single Post
Old 09-18-2006, 06:00 PM   #1
redz 1970 K5
OBS guy

Possibility of getting 89 all original 56k mile Burb(true 9/10) for $6500 - worth it?

This thing literally hit me like a ton of bricks. I have a 95 F-150, in great shape that I have had for a year and put a little money into. I was driving down a main road on Saturday, and saw this Burb sitting on the corner. I didn't even think much of it.

Later, my wife was with me, I just decided to stop and take a look. The thing was IMMACULATE. 56k original miles, it had a new 6" suspension, nice 18" wheels and 35" tires- otherwise stock. Words can't even explain this things condition. Inside and out, it is the cleanest burb I have seen for the old box style- a true 9/10. Guy wanted $8,000 for it.

I talked to him for a while, and he warmed up to me. He called me hours later and said he would sell it to me for $6,500. Low and behold an hour later, the phone rings and I get a bonified offer on my F150 for $6,800.

So, here is where I am. 95 F-150 or 89 Suburban. I rarely haul- just motorcycles, but I have a trailer and hitch carrier for cycles too so no biggie.

What would you do? I wish I had more time to put this together, but the burb, and buyer for my truck both fell inline together in a very short time and I am trying to make sense of it.
redz 1970 K5 is offline   Reply With Quote