View Single Post
Old 09-22-2006, 08:29 AM   #11
nutsforchevys

Re: TEXAS: cool & easy old license plates, no mileage restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtm_seven View Post
I'm running '72 year of make plates registered as a Antique on my Blazer. I've never been hassled by the element, the registration is good for 5 years and no inspection necessary. (in Texas)

Legally, you can drive to and from club events, to the shop and in parades. I can pretty much fit one of those situations into any of my drives. Who's going to argue that you're not headed to a club event anyway? The law doesn't specify anything about what a club or event is or what route you take to get there.

Fact of the matter is my truck is actually going to the shop most of the time. :/

From what I understand, these loose restrictions were originally passed for all of the old War Vets that have military truck collections and want to cruise them around. Luckily, anyone can take advantage.
I just put the antique vehicle plates on my 78 4x4 I dont drive it much just on the weekends and occasionally during the week if my daily driver is broke. They were around $35.00 I think. i didnt know about the inspection part though.
nutsforchevys is offline   Reply With Quote