View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 08:54 AM   #228
72freak
Rottenwood Garage Member

Re: Post "Your" 4x4 pic here..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Hey 72freak,that`s a shortbed,right?NICE!!And,I always wanted a K2500 Suburban,they`re one of the nicest vehicles to come out of the`90s.
Yes.......Short bed......I bought it about 8 years ago. It was about a 8 year old resto then. Its not an original vehicle...it was put together from parts but the guy did a great job. It has a great color on it...kinda teal, green, aqua, blue mix....looks green sometimes and blue sometimes. AC, tach, tilt, tint, slider and all done with OEM parts. The wood bed is in need of a fresh one but that will have to wait untill my shop is complete......all $$$$$ and time goes to finishing the garage-mahal at the moment.

The 99 K2500 Suburban was just a treat I bought myself this summer.....my daily driver for 10 years has been a 1987 1/2 Suburban 350/700R4 (I still have it). It has 300k on it now and the engine has never been touched. Runs like a top and no leaks!!!!Never left me on the side of the road but I wanted something a little fresher to pull my car trailer.
I did NOT want a 4x4 but I just could not find a good deal on a low mile 2x4 with a good color, a 5.7 and I really wanted a 373 rear. Ended up with a 4x4, 5.7 with a 4.11. Oh well. Another reason I insisted on a 3/4 ton was I refuse to deal with this "sham" here in the metro Atlanta area called emmissions testing. The GVW exceeds it by 50 pounds so I dont have to get one. I have converted all of my fleet to vehicles that dont need emmissions testing. Either older than 25 years, over the GVW rating or diesels (AKA-boat anchors)
I do have a 1991 Honda Accord with 183,000 miles but emmisions has never been an issue and I cant bring myself to sell it..its to good a car for the wife.
72freak is offline   Reply With Quote