View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 02:47 PM   #15
kevinr1970

Re: 4wd to 2wd k5 conversion

So basically in the truck (now a 4x4) you have a double floor?

If #3 was directed at me then let me clarify.
I have an '81 and an 82 K5 2wd Blazer (two). I have an '85 K5 4x4 for parts that has a rust free body. I am only keeping one of the 2wd Blazers and plan to swap the '85 "tub" onto the frame of the one I keep. It will remain a 2wd Blazer but I want it to have the non-humped floor.
I also have an '87 2wd swb. It has ZERO options. I bought an '85 4x4 swb with a bent frame for parts. It is LOADED with options(AC, PW, PL, dome light, etc). I plan to swap the 4x4 cab onto the 2wd frame. Again, I would like to have a non-humped floor.

So on the 80's floors is the tunnel(?) welded/bonded in place or is it stamped? I thought when I had my carpet up it looked like you could see a sealer around the tunnel(?) that made me think it was removeable. Maybe not easily but without cutting steel.

Thanks for the info!
PS, I had read your other thread before but had not kept up. I posted my questions before I went back an reread it from start to finish. Thanks again for all the info contained in that thread!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixty8c10 View Post
here we go
1. yes, the parts from other trucks consisted of the front crossmember (the one underneath/ directly behind the radiator) and a floor hump both came from 67-72 GMC

2. When I put the 4wd running gear in the P/U I cut a hole in the floor to clear the T-case, and covered it with a floor hump from a 67-72 GMC. I left the 4WD shifter in the blazer its not in the way and its a good conversation piece.

3. I don't really understand what you are trying to say with the last remark...are you going to do a frame swap? 85 body to 81/ 82 frame then just turn your P/U into 4WD or what?
1991 GMC CrewCab Dually 4x4, just going to fix things up for now
1982/1989 K5/GMC Jimmy 2wd
1987 GMC 1/2 ton swb 2wd Crew (sold)
kevinr1970 is offline   Reply With Quote