View Single Post
Old 11-30-2006, 12:25 PM   #189
PBFAB.COM

Re: Dropmember in a 69 C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmydean View Post
Nathan, why is it so tall? When I looked at the frame it's going on, it looks like it's the same arch as stock in the front, so is ther another reason it's so far bellow the rails? Also, where do the motor mounts go on this one?

I guess it will all make sence when I see pics of it installed, but it looks so much taller than the "normal" dropmember.

<edit>Love the new caps, it's those details that make your work stand out even more.
ABADSVT's chassis is 2x4 square tube and the stock frame is 5.5" tall... so the part on the member that butts up against the bottom of the custom chassis is 1.5" taller than the regular Dropmember... what makes it look tall is the piece that angles up to the inside of the frame... it's the same dimensions as the regular Dropmember, just looks a lot taller. Look at it some more and you will see what I am talking about. As for the motor mounts... we don't know for sure exactly how they will mount, I included the mounts tacked together so they can be modified.

Phone: 480-297-2621

E-mail: sales@pbfab.com

Find us on FaceBook under Porterbuilt Fabrication

Specializing in Chassis and Suspension Components for your Classic Chevrolet Truck.

We offer components from the following manufacturers:

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Ridetech (Air Ride Technologies)
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson