67 SWB 4 Door CrewCab!
****** Board members who have contributed parts, ideas and most importantly, encouragement to this project!!!! ******
YOTE1234, BOWTIEOGRE, BILLSBOWTIE, PCMCOBRA, DARKFOX71, RON586, 68POS, SMOKEY02, OJOE, UNCLE, JOE FABRIS, GMC PAULS, FUELCELLGUY, RLM316, KRUE, ROKCRLN, RAM-MAN, PORTERBUILT, PUTTER, GRINGOLOCO, MSGROSS, FRIZZLE FRY, JAMIE (Doug Thorley Headers), HOTRODMTODD, Stan (ECE's), CCCC, one9six9, Seanu, Jorgensensc, 396Muncie, SadSack, Hurdy, scrapmetal, 10.5Stang, Bad_Turbo, ClassicBowties, MuscleCarPaul, BURNSMAN, MrCack, PeteM1957, 70RS/SS, MICHAELBUSTAMENTE, WANCOS, Entropy Radiators.........
I can't forget about my "local" buddies Chris Chambers, Tim McGriff and Todd Crutchfield, each contributed a lot of manual labor, .
**If I left your name out, please PM me and I'll add it to the list, . **
The thread that got this insanity started,
which led to this........
Just got back from a 1700 mile road trip this weekend to pick up the CrewCab, aka the BEAST (or Donkey,
). A buddy of mine pulled it from Phoenix (thanks YOTE1234 for storing it) to Junction, TX. I pulled his newly painted 65 stepside from Pensacola and we swapped. Man that thing is huge!!!! 160" wheel base. I plan on eventually chopping the frame (DONE!) and installing a shortbed, fixing the front doors with square door frames like the suburban and installing LSX/4LX0E. I'm going to take everything off but the cab and doors which will be media stripped (DONE) and then epoxy primered (DONE). The next phase starting the fall of ??, will be do all metal repair, test fit all the sheet metal and get it ready to paint..
*** EDIT: COMPLETED WORK and PARTS GATHERED as of 3/13/09 ***
New chassis built using the front section of a 72 1/2 T chassis and the rear section of a 72 1/2 T short wheel base chassis. The cab was originally stretched 33 inches, so that's what I added between the front and rear cab mounts when I welded the frame sections together. The 2 sections were mated using a 45 degree cut methoda and then braced by welding in ECE stiffner plates. 4" exhaust cut-outs were also installed in the trailing arm crossmember along with a CPP bolt in c-notch, ECE rear frame crossmember, ECE transmission crossmember and a ECE hidden hitch. It was then sandblasted and sprayed with 3 coats of POR 15.
Other stuff done to the chassis:
- Completley rebuilt front suspension (ECE components) with new balljoints, bushings, bolts, nuts, rotors, calipers, Raybestos pads, new rubber hoses, etc.
- Professionally rebuilt 12 bolt GM rear axle, OEM 31 spline axles, Yukon bearings/seals, Richmond Ring/pinion (3.73), Eaton 3 series posi unit, rear brake hoses, Raybestos brake shoes, vented drums (ECE components), etc.
- New ECE brake booster and master cylinder setup with proportioning valve.
- All new stainless steel brake lines from Inline Tube.
- Stainless E-brake cables from Inline Tube.
- New 67 emergency brake handle with cover
- New KYB Gas shocks in front/rear for lowered suspensions
- New ECE 2"/4" dropped coils
- New ECE super track bar
- New ECE shock relocation kit
- New ECE rear gas tank cross member
- New ECE hidden hitch
- New ECE front sway bar kit with 3/4 ton sway bar and new poly bushings
- New CPP bolt in c-notch
- New CPP 1 1/4" aluminum lowering blocks
- 4 OEM ralleys
- New ECE LS motor mounts/stands
- New ECE transmission mounts
- OEM auxillary battery box (driver side mount)
- Entire body Plastic Media stripped and epoxy primered
- Original rust free hood, hinges and latch
- Like new OEM hood letters and C-10 emblems
- 2 OEM Suburban doors (NM) (for the B pillar conversion)
- Cowl antenna delete
- OEM hood (NM)
- OEM grill/latch (NM)
- New stainless steel mirrors
- New polished aluminum headlight bezels
- New clear front turn signal lens
- Bed splash guards
- New Goodmark (Tri-Plus) front sheet metal (fenders, inner fenders, core support, splash apron, outer rockers)
- New Goodmark (Tri-Plus) bedsides and endgate
- OEM steel floor and wheel tubs (NM)
- New rear bumper brackets
- New sliding rear window
- New rubber body bushing kit from GMC Pauls
- NOS CST Horn button
- Nice OEM 67/68 steering wheel
- Setup for Vintage A/C
- Painless 18 Circuit replacement wiring harness
- 1 set of Suburban Buddy Buckets for the front
- 1 set of truck Buddy Buckets for the rear
- High hump auto tranny cover
- New emergency brake handle, cable and cover
- 2 sets of steel door panels
Plus a lot of miscellaneous parts and pieces.......