View Single Post
Old 02-22-2007, 10:30 PM   #117
byrd
Union Electrician

Re: My build up thread 67 small window short/fleet

Well I finally got back to the truck after nearly a month of bitter cold weather. We started the night off with getting the inner rockers cut out on both sides and started to get the footwells shaped up. I had to cut a lttle from the floor on PS above the front support, (which looks great on the inside BTW ) Rick got part of the DS inner rocker shaped up and into place. We couldn't just use the inner rocker patch as the floors were pitted really bad just outside of the inner rocker patch panel. So we had to use the rear floor patch, and the front floor patch. We just cut away most of the rear patch and the side of the floor patch off to give us the piece we needed.Hopefully we will have the pieces patched back in and get the doors mounted up so we can mock up the outer rockers by the end of next week.I also got the rest of the PS firewall shaved and welded up ready to work on shaping the firewall where the fan motor was to make the firewall match on both sides. It shouldn't be too bad as I have a piece of firewall I cut out of a junk cab to help in making the piece. Should make it a lot easier since it will be nearly the shape from the begining and also has the correct lip on it to make it look like it was suppossed to be there.
Here are some pics of the progress....
Attached Images

Zip:40272
Big Sandy Survivor...

Quote:
We cannot choose the way we die, but we can choose the way we live
Quote:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.
Quote:
I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors
byrd is offline   Reply With Quote