View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 08:46 AM   #160
jhnpldng

Re: Post Your Ride 60-66 Trucks

Hi, John in Central FL. here. I bought this truck in Missouri when I lived there. Didn't get a chance to do anything with it there and didn't even bring it with me when I moved to FL. It sat up there in my neighbor's yard for two years. Then he moved and was nice enough after storing for two years to trailer it to his new place. I finally managed to go get it a month ago. 1000 mile trip one way. Had to wait for gas to go down. Just bought a donor truck a couple of weeks ago. An 81 3/4 ton for power disc brakes and power steering and it happened to be a 4x4. What a bonus. Also had a goodwrench 350 that seems to be good. The motor mounts were rigged on the donor truck and it had dropped and broke the fuel pump. I think that's why they parked it. butanyways, I put the front axle and steering box in this weekend. Planning on doing an extended cab. Also got a line on throttle body setup from an 87. I'll try to document all the mods. I also have a line on a 63 parts truck. That'll give me the extra doors with the small windows and it's a short bed so I'll be using that too. Not sure if I'm going with a full blown crew cab or just extended. I don't want to lengthen the frame and I don't want the wheel openings in the bed to look weird so I'll probably go with small rear swinging doors that open after the front doors. latches top and bottom with handle in the jamb area. Need to be able to fit the wife up front two kids in back seat and pull my boat or any thing else.
Attached Images

Last edited by jhnpldng; 09-10-2007 at 09:00 AM.