View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 09:44 PM   #106
samwise68
FarmBoy.

Re: '69 GMC Build Thread.

...continued from previous page.

on to the fenders.

i choose to take this time to thank my mom and dad, because without them, NONE of this would've gotten done. they've been the most supportive and encouraging for this project, along with helping me wherever i may fall short. like painting! dad's better at it than me. hense. why he's doing it.

...and as you can see. it only takes one hand to paint with. what to do with the other? fill it with a can of Milwaukee's Best!

Cowl...

onto the bed!

tailgate...

other bed side...

front...

done!

So. it turned out pretty ok. i'm not gonna lie, i reallymessed up on some of the prep work;...particularly on the driver side of the bed. so, i'm taking that back down, and going to bare metal. along with smoothing over bondo. there are some pretty nasty..well...nasties that i didn't get feathered well. and i'm not at all happy with them.

but! tomorrow, if the primer is cured, we're laying down some green. there are imperfections on the bottom of the doors. but, i figure those are relatively small spots, compared to the bed side, and can be fixed while i'm driving it without a problem. just sand. skim. smooth. feather. spray. simple as that.

so, thats where she sits now.

almost ready for tags...

just have to finish color.
bolt on the headers and install the exhaust.
go over the brake shoes.
change fluids.
fill up.
go.

i almost just bolted her up the way she sat in the pics...and called it good.

...but i decided i wanted green.

SO!

that was a long post.

let's hear it!

-Sam.

Quote:
Screw patina... it's a beater...Beaters are cool.
my build thread - Project Homebrew:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=242993

Last edited by samwise68; 10-20-2007 at 09:45 PM.
samwise68 is offline   Reply With Quote