View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 07:45 AM   #116
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72BlckButy View Post
Gringo, can you point me in the direction on the specs of your wheel combo/tire size/wheel manufacturer?
They are Coy's C5 20x8.5, 5.25 BS, 255/45 front and 20x10, 5.5 BS, 295/45 rear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolife99 View Post
Hey Gringoloco,... I have a question. Since you have removed the stock rear wheel tubs,... would you have picked a different backspacing for the rear wheels? Would more backspacing helped from cutting the inner bedside? Just wondered since you don't have to worry about the stock sheetmetal surrounding the rear tires now.
Not with a 10" wheel. A 9" wide wheel would have allowed me to tuck more and not cut the inner bedside, but I don't care for the tucked-in look, so I did what I had to do to make it look right to me.

The only way I'd do more BS is with a wider wheel, but I am limited by the back seat. There is only 1/2" clearance on either side of the seat between the tubs. Now, on my truck, that is a different story altogether. The limiting factor for wheel width is the framerail- I'm thinkin' a set of the 20x14 Coy's wrapped in fat-ass Mickey T's

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote