View Single Post
Old 12-31-2007, 08:15 PM   #190
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer71 View Post
Gringo, don't know where i've been... but I'm all caught up now....WOW that is sweeet!
Thanks! I'll have to let you see it in person when(if) it gets on the road again. Your truck build contributed some ideas to this one, can't wait to see what you've got brewin' now...

Now that the holiday rush is over, I can get some garage time in I got the DM mocked-up(again). The first time was quick, pre powder, just to see how it fit. This time, I'm going a little more in depth and actually bolting some parts to it. I originally just wanted to get it in place to measure for the rack notches, but once it was in there, I couldn't resist seeing it on the ground.

I only ran into a few little bumps:

1) I am having a small clearance problem at the driver's UCA when it pivots down(truck lifted). I temporarily remedied it with alignment shims. On the new(well, rebuilt) UCAs I will use offset shafts that should give me the needed clearance and use fewer(if any) alignment shims.

2) I don't think my "shortened" steering column mod is gonna work anymore. I will likely have to move it back into the cab a few inches to give UCA clearance for the steering linkage. No biggie it's gotta come out anyway.

3) I will definitely have to clearance the inner portion of the fenders. I was half way planning on having to do it anyway, so no big surprise. I have seen trucks tuck the tire inside without trimming, but they must be running extreme backspacing to do that. I like how it looks now, and it will turn without rubbing, so I will trim the inners to lay.

Other than that, the DM just fell right together. I am very impressed with the quality, ease of install, and most of all- the look of it.
Attached Images

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote