View Single Post
Old 02-17-2008, 06:10 AM   #418
68,69 K20
They call me the Breeze...

Re: Post "Your" 4x4 pic here..........

Thanks, I really like the 68 as well. It's kind of special to me, I grew up right next door to the second owner. I can remember taking rides in it with the owner and my Grandfather when I was real young. The milage is correct, he used it to plow his short driveway, other than that the truck wasn't used often. He parked it for good in 1991 in the back corner of a field behind his house. My uncle finally bought the truck in 2001 and I worked out a deal with him for it.
I found the orig Protect-O-Plate and delivery receipt in the glovebox when I got it. I think it was first purchased by a auto mechanics shop, you can still make out part of a phone # on the bedsides.
It does run and drive but the 327 needs a new cam. It has plenty of rust but I have seen way worse in these parts. Also, it hasn't seen any road salt in well over 20+ years. The frame is in excellent shape and this baby is ready for a complete resto. That is my plan anyways, I would like to put it back to stock form. It was orig red, but looks to have been sprayed orange at some point.

Some more pics...
Attached Images

69 K20

"Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy"....Ben Franklin
68,69 K20 is offline   Reply With Quote