View Single Post
Old 02-23-2008, 08:38 PM   #1
Psycho71

LS6 motor swap ?'s

OK guys, I am asking a few questions for my boss on this one. He got a heck of a deal on a low milage ls6 with the o/d tranny. He's got a 70 lwb c-10 that he's wanting to put this motor in. He's just about got the whole computer and wiring issues figured out, with the use of a few aftermarket parts out there. But here are a few questions that we need answered while the frame is getting ready to drop the motor in.

Motor mounts? Does anyone make an aftemarket mount which will allow an LS6 to drop right in? If not, can someone point me to a thread where this has been done? Or offer any useful advice?

Trans Mount? This one seems to be a straight forward deal, but I still have to ask if there's anything special to do here besides maybe relocating the crossmember?

Shifting linkage? He's wanting to re-use the factory auto column. IHas anyone done this, and how?

Speedo? He's wanting, if possible, to keep a factory look on the dash. Has anyone been successful in adapting the electric speedo on the O/D to a cable drive speedo?

That's all the questions we have, for now. Thanks in advance for any info given.

Jay

If a hammer doesn't fix it, you have an electrical problem!

Slot Cars, 1:24 Scale, 100MPH@100,000RPM, fastest things on wheels!
Psycho71 is offline   Reply With Quote