View Single Post
Old 02-23-2008, 09:23 PM   #4
shifty
Questionable

Re: LS6 motor swap ?'s

I'd sit here and type all of the stuff I know out, but it would take me all day

Seriously, though, I don't even think it is possible to list all the options for each thing in a thread. It's really fairly simple but with LOTS of options. I highly recommend you sign up @ LS1tech to get help with the swap.

Big thing is this:

Get that joker bolted in (engine mounts and trans mounts). Engine mount adapter plates are cheap, and the CPP tubular xmember is a nice powdercoated piece for the price, if you go that route.

Once it's bolted in, get it wired up and plumbed for fuel and water. Leave the driveshaft off - don't need it till the very end (make sure the tranny is in park, though!) be sure an oil pressure gauge is hooked up to it before starting, you should get pressure within 1-2 seconds of starting.

Once it's bolted in and started, then deal with driveshaft, exhaust and other stuff.

People get overwhelmed - just take one step at a time and you'll be OK. One hurdle at a time.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.

Last edited by shifty; 02-23-2008 at 09:27 PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote