View Single Post
Old 03-28-2008, 01:45 AM   #210
Super73

Re: For your viewing pleasure

Lou,

Glad to see you aboard here..

When I came in this thread I was thinking someone might be choping down the bulky center section on the front crossmember. Something I am thinking about doing for my 63 drag truck. I figure that center section has got to weigh 100lbs more than a 2x4 .120" piece with some 1/4" plate and bracing to mount the lower control arms. Any reason your keeping that front piece and not putting a different one in?

Next question I had for you was the severe angle on the shocks. 10* won't really skew the spring rat or shock dapening, but from what I understand, once you get past 10* it starts changing the rates very quickly. 30* is a pretty steep angle. Herb Adams goes in to it pretty well in his book Chasis engineering. I'll try to find it as I think he does testing at different angles and shows you the changes.

Another question would be in regards to the rear. Any reason you went with a 4-bar over a 3-link or a truck arm rear set up (60-72)? They tend not to bind as much as a 4-bar or 4-link. I hope you don't mind me sharing a few pics of my Camaro with you. This is my 3-link set up.

Super73 is offline   Reply With Quote