View Single Post
Old 05-08-2008, 09:05 PM   #45
tylordurben

Re: 1950 GMC Project...

Lrall, sorry, but 2-link is about done, just gotta fit the panhard bar later and finish it up. im NOT excited about it, but its what he wanted. i guess i should be more stern about things. trust me no more 2-links after this one. ill post pics of it when its closer to finished. i tried my best to design it strong and adjustable. thanks.

so i mocked the front suspension back on the truck and mocked the rear suspension. the rear end is hitting the chassis so obviously a notch is needed, that will allow for the rear running boards to come down the 3-1/2" to meet the floor. mocked on the front clip (fenders / grill) and the bed to locate the tires in the wheel wells properly (i think im on the money).

the tires measure 25.5" tall, the plan is to run 27" on the rear thats 1.5" more, divided by 2 = .75"; that means the rear running boards will need to come down .75" more than what i see. so ill be notching it now after lunch. the front will need to run no more than 26" tall tires.

hope yall likes it:

im thrilled that the inner fender wells clear the upper A-arms, looks like i wont need to trim them to fit.

thanks!

Yaril

Last edited by tylordurben; 05-08-2008 at 09:05 PM.
tylordurben is offline   Reply With Quote