View Single Post
Old 05-16-2008, 07:39 AM   #34
MrBeast
high-Tech Red Neck

Re: The Boss Hoss, 72 C/30, 454, DUALLY!

So, I had been having a really hard time figuring out where I wanted to go next with the project. I have stuffed a NV4500 in the truck, and done some other things to get it good and drivable, but really I had not come up with a clear vision of the project until now.

I was looking at putting a longhorn bed on the truck, and cutting down dually fenders, but the problem with this is, I got to measuring my frame, and the back foot or so of my frame was cut off by a previous owner, so it stops now at the rear spring hangers. So it looks like my best approach is going to be to install a flat bed. So along those lines....

A while back I saw a picture of a truck that belongs to a friend of board member Yukon Jack...

I really liked to look of the truck, and I started playing with ideas on my own.

The first genesis of the idea pictured above, all I really did was add some stacks, which would go perfect with a Cummins 12 valve.

Then I got to thinking, what if the truck was all white, with a white flat bed, and the stacks, along with the Cummins? Well as you can see below, I think it is going to look auful slick!

I think with the 19.5" wheels and the 33.6" tires that this truck would really start to take shape and have a pretty aggressive look. So this is what I am going to go with, what do you all think?