Thread: my 48 s10 swap
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2008, 08:15 AM   #90
Lrall

Re: my 48 s10 swap

Ok, so the updates: I got the motor in, this took awhile as we had to flip the mounts around and blah blah blah. Then i build the tranny crossmember, ill have to get pics up of that. I am SUPER proud of it, as it was done 100% by me. Ill post up pics and explanation if i dont forget. Then we noticed the motor was hitting on the control arm, so we modified that aka grinder. then realized that we should have just raised the motor up in the brackets that mount to the frame. I think i needed more clearance anyway( or so i tell myself to justify the grinding ) I also got the intake on and sealed up, followed by high temp black'd exhaust mani's with OEM thick washers. Then i got the TBI base gasket and throttle body on. Oh, the front bracketry as anyone may or may not notice is GM....i got that all on after a TON of trial and error. I ended up needing to get a smaller pulley for the PS pump, 5 1/4 inch is what it ended up being i think. then i got the belt fitted on there, after more trial and error.
Lrall is offline   Reply With Quote