View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 07:40 AM   #27
PipsC10

Re: Iced Green dream

Made some progress the last 2 days while the wife was at work. I purchased a freshly rebuilt posi rear end out of a 72 C10 for $100 bucks a month or 2 ago. I took it to the rear end shop to have them look it over anyways and it turned out to need axle bearings. Had it powder coated while they fixed it.

I finally received my rear strong arm suspension and was able to get it installed over the weekend. The system was an excellent fit as usual from Air Ride, however the holes in the c-notches were a little off from the holes in the frame. It could have been my measurements, but they worked out great in the end. I just had to bore the holes out a little.

I plan on bringing my frame home in the next 2 weeks so I can tinker on it during the week and weekends at home. Right now it's at my parents house 1 hour away. Regular unleaded is now 4.19 a gallon in Sonora, so no more weekend trips if I can help it. Next up will be the air ride management and setting the motor and trans back in. I need to work some more overtime
Attached Images