View Single Post
Old 06-12-2008, 06:50 PM   #1
randomhero472

Randomhero's 67 build- PART 2

Hey guys im back... The old saying "you want somthing done right, do it yourself" couldnt be more true in my case. A lot of you know the situation with the previous builder-build thread so im starting from scratch, in more ways than one... Brief summary up to now, bought the truck from a fellow board member who used it as his daily driver back in 2006 with the idea of just bolting some parts on and having a cheap driver. Needless to say plans have changed since then. I took the truck down to 72cstc5 last april with the intentions of having the truck painted and suspension work done, well none of that ever happened and i just got the truck back about 4 weeks ago. Its now when im working on it myself i truley see why you guys build these things yourself, i paid a lot of money and i just feel like i've had prison sex everynight when i get in from the garage after finding more half-ass'd work, stuff that wasnt done that i was told it was or MORE RUST.. He failed to mention the truck would sit OUTSIDE FOR A YEAR! All this time, no air cleaner on the carb, the motor looks like somebody antiqued it (hit with flower) The damn fenders were rust free when i took it down there (houston-30 miles from the ocean) and now they've rusted all the way through, very disheartning.. anyway plans have changed some and i plan on finishing the truck myslef. I did have a brand new bed at a shop in houston, but 72cstc5 never picked it up and it was sold off, so i've been refunded my money from the shop and now will be sourcing another bed from kenny's trucks in tulsa. Truck will have mild 350, full air ride, simple leather interior keeping stock bench seat, electirc a/c setup, some newer technology upgrades, and paint will be somthing a little different, i'm going for a different type of look than the classic chrome, hopefully it turns out great!

Just got done with the rear setup, bolted in some Slam re7's and cpp bolt-in notch, got my 5 gallon air tank and Viair 480c mounted last night, trying to keep everything concealed under the bed floor.... More pics and updates to follow

You guys like the "painted frame" from the previous builder (note driveshaft, half of its painted).... Its stuff like this with the whole truck, just rediculous!!!!

Last edited by randomhero472; 06-12-2008 at 07:01 PM.
randomhero472 is offline   Reply With Quote