View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008, 01:00 AM   #130
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgs_notes View Post
The wiring mess may be the biggest obstacle.
I was wrong about that. I still have a bit of a mess on wiring, under the dash, and a few under the hood. But for the most part, I think I've got the wiring OK. The problem is swapping the gas tank.

This has a steel aftermarket tank installed. It has 4 bolts that run through the tank and into the bed floor. There are special nuts to remove inside the bed. One was already off, one was broken. The other two are rusted on. You're supposed to use a 3/8" drive to turn them, but that ain't working cause they are rounded out. I'm not even sure I could get to them underneath for cutting. There just isn't much room to work.

So here's my dilema. Do I keep trying to get the tank out and swap it, or do I just take my chances and use it. This has sat for several years and is a mild steel tank. It did have a gas cap on. Can't really inspect it though unless I drill a hole in it and then I'd have to seal the hole again.

Other than that, I think I just need to hook up some vacuum lines and pour some gas in and see if it will fire up. This weekend, one way or another, it will run again.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote