View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 12:30 AM   #9
randomhero472

Re: Randomhero's 67 build- PART 2

Ok guys... little update, but no pics tonight (will have some tomorrow)
I'm here with a little delima, got the front fenders and coresupport/radiator off the truck today, ONLY TO FIND MORE RUST on the drivers fender.. now its nothing more than some paint bubbling-dime size spots, but i know rust is there, and dont want to do anything halfass'd, so i think im going to sell the fenders (both are in excellent condition) and pick up a couple new fenders ($140 each from kenny's) And just save the time i'd use probably butchering the metal work back together on the patches.

I've gone out there every other night or so and just feel overwhelmed and angry, overwhelmed bc there's so much small-time consuming stuff i have to do and i have NO IDEA where to begin, seems i have a million half finished stuff (any advise on getting a plan of action welcome!!!), and angry because it seems every time i begin to tackle another part of the truck i find more rust, or more Bull***t work that was done.... So i have a couple questions:
How much would i be looking at having the frame powdercoated?

Would i be better off picking up a newer style/efi engine (ls1 maybe) rather than rebuilding the tired 350?

And last, how do i keep my sanity and drive on this thing, the truck has some serious meaning to me, and i want nothing more to build it and keep it forever, but just gets old spending hours in the garage, and getting zero accomplinshed! Sorry for the rant, on a real update side im waiting on my ECE spindles other odds-ins to show, should be here thurs. or so

Last edited by randomhero472; 06-29-2008 at 12:31 AM.
randomhero472 is offline   Reply With Quote