Thread: 67 SWB 4x4
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2008, 11:41 PM   #12
Conroe trucker
SWBs: 67 2x4, 67 4x4, 70 4x4

Re: 67 SWB 4x4

I want to go back with a real clean simple chassis, no dual shocks and dampners, just one nice softly sprung shock, dampner, and a soft 4" all spring lift.

When we stripped it I threw all that stuff in the dumpster. You could not drive over a BB with out bleeding internally.

We will be adding A/C. None of these have it and our 100+ days are kind of tough.

There is not have much opportunity to 4 wheel around Houston, so it may get a yearly trip to CO & Mont. for some off roading.

With all the work and time these things take to get them perfect, I see no reason to tear em up for the heck of it.

I have another 70 SWB 4x4 step side, 52k miles, my parts/gofer truck and it really draws the comments from all kinds of people. It may be the original med green color with the two tone white, but people of all ages seem to be drawn to it. My wife and daughter can not get over it.

To me driving a truck should take an element of skill that has is being forgotten; 3 on the tree, double clutching, turning the wipers on and off, etc.

I have been spending lots of time reading eveyone's builds and great ideas. It is unreal how much time and money you can save by learning from others. Hopefully I can give some back, (without it being screw-ups).
Attached Images

01 C5 convertable
08 Z06
Conroe trucker is offline   Reply With Quote