View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 06:29 AM   #9
vtblazer

Re: Interest for High rise(pre-runner style?) Fenders Fiberglass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordachai View Post
thanks for those pics that helps alot with clearance questions. it looks like you had to cut of the lower front of the fender too, just below that body line. I'm guessing from the pic of the truck on the concrete, that there's maybe an inch of clearance in that front corner? maybe just a bit more?
Also, roughly how much do the tires sit outside the body?

Sounds like 33's are more common.
Are there even many issues with the stock fenders and 33's with stock suspension parts?
Reason I ask is my tires are 265/60r16 and they are 29". I wouldn't think that 33's would have much clearance problem, maybe they do under full articulation?
Anyone?
Rule of thumb...generally here:
33's w/stock suspension - road set up
33's w/4" lift - wheeling
35's w/4" lift - road set up
35's w/6" lift - wheeling

Tow other varying factors are the wheel back spacing and no trimming, these fenders have what's known as a 'fang' and yes, it'll catch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71 TopCat View Post
I've always thought of doing something with my fenders but didnt want to lose the clean GM factory line and flare.(you have to admit, the factory look is clean or we probably wouldnt be on this forum) not taking anything away from trucks like vtblazer's. that Blazer looks KILLER/BAD A**, thats just not the look I'm going for on my K5.

Given the option, I would have liked to keep the factory lines also but it simply wasn't possible.
...and hindsight being 20/20 and all, I'm glad I didn't seeing what theses fenders have been put through.

I did make a decent attempt at fab'ing up some but it was impossible to keep the stock geometry of the fender lip and achieve the necessary wheel opening.
Attached Images

vtblazer is offline   Reply With Quote