View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 11:45 PM   #38
asphaltburner

Re: '78 3/4 ton 4x4 FRANKENTRUCK

Yo! Thanks, guys! Sure seems like I'm right where I was last weekend though,...BUT, door's aligned, fender's aligned (and the only other big dent pounded out), rust stabilized on the passenger's side (fender and wheelwell, under the battery tray). Still doesn't look like I've done ANYTHING!
Tomorrow things change,...I'll push the truck out, lift the engine from it's stand, lower to my "box" for flexplate installation,...then lift, push truck back in, and lower the 350 into place in front of the TH400 and 1200-1500 stall torque converter.
Sure looks like the twin sticks for the NP205 are gonna clear the bech seat, but only installation will prove it.
25 gallon fuel tanks are ready for installation, finally found a RH sender and it's on the way from LMC Truck,...gotta settle on where my electric fuel pump is going to go,...pretty sure about switching valve location and supply and return lines,...then I need to hit the junkyard again for a charcoal cannister for the fueltank vents.
Can't wait to install the new battery so I can see what works and what doesn't! I just want to see nothing burning up when I turn the key to ON! I've installed new halogen headlights,...a set of full running lights and panel lights will sure be encouraging to see for the first time. Crossing my fingers! Todd.

Last edited by asphaltburner; 08-15-2008 at 11:47 PM.
asphaltburner is offline   Reply With Quote