View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 08:20 AM   #1
mudbone64

1966 6 cylinder to v8 swap

First off let me say that I'm new to this forum and am hoping that you guys can give me some pointers. Though I have some experience working on other muscle cars, I have zero experience working on 1960's Chevrolet trucks. So when my dad said he'd bought a 327 engine to replace the in-line six in his 1966 fleetside, I knew I needed to get some information ahead of time as to what I'd need to know and the parts I'd need to have. After bouncing around the internet trying to find a forum to post in I landed here.

This truck has no power steering with the only accessory drive being the alternator so the engine swap should go as easy as a walk in the park, right? What I'd like to know from you guys is what additional parts I need to have on hand when I make the switch. As I said earlier the truck has a 6 cylinder and the three speed tranny was switched some years ago to a turbo-350. After searching around I've noticed that'll probably have to come up with some engine perches for the 327 to sit on but I'd like some confirmation on this.

Any help you guys can lend me is greatly appreciated. Also, what are the popular parts sources? Like I said, I have zero experience working on these trucks so I need all of the help I can get.

Here's a visual:

Thanks in advance,
Gene
mudbone64 is offline   Reply With Quote