View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 07:56 PM   #296
bad6772
Official Site Guitar Shredder

Re: project (sweet pea)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greystoke View Post
I can respect that, your work looks fantastic. I have worked with filler before using that old bondo brand. I was going to try that Rage Gold ( i think it's called that ) cause i hear it's good. By paint product I mean is it dupont, ppg?? What i lack in knowledge I make up for in confidence
Rage is a good product.....I also like 3m Light weight Filler( we use that at work)....For home i like the Rage or Dynatron..ULTRA LITE....Is a great product and i have used it before to wipe over (Brass) seams on a 50 Buick i once had.......Has Great (sticky) power..

AS far as paint on sweet pea......The firewall is Solvent based( urethane ) and the edging and interior is Water Born..All Speice.....OR germen Dupont.
Although i would not recommend (water born) for your FIRST paint job...It is sprayed completely different from (solvent) urethanes.And the slightest but of dirt or oil or anything will ruin the whole job......Just a heads up.......OUR shop switched to (water born) ( its a GREEN paint) as in safe for the enviroment ...The colors are much more brighter and more Bright ....So i wanted the Jams and Interior to match as in those areas dont see as much sun to show the true color....I hope that makes since......(basically sometimes the jams on cars i have seen look darker even though its the same color and was shot at the same time....I am trying to avoid this .......So i went this route......

I can get a list of products i have used on Sweat Pea....if you want....
bad6772 is offline   Reply With Quote