View Single Post
Old 09-28-2008, 08:44 PM   #131
brossow
Amateur Rust Fighter

Re: Brent's '72 Custom/10 SWB stepside build

You can probably guess what I spent the day doing. It occurred to me today that one of the many great things about being divorced is that I can commandeer a cookie sheet for garage work and there's no one to b*tch at me about doing so.

Pic 1 is of the U-bolts for the leaf springs. Pic 2 is of the parts that holds the springs to the axle. (Does it have a name?) I had already blasted, primed, and painted those pieces with Chassis Black (several coats, and did a darn good job, too!) but decided to strip them again and powdercoat instead. It took forever to get that paint off!

Pic 3 is of the CPP front shock reinforcing brackets. They got a bit gouged up when I was marking the holes to drill in the frame and I decided to strip them and powdercoat them in platinum to match the other front suspension stuff. Why? Because I could.

Pic 4 is of the drop spindles, finally completed to my satisfaction. They've got four coats now after a couple intentional coats and two touch-up passes.

Pic 5 is my best piece yet -- it's the brake pedal assembly and it turned out PERFECT! I forgot to powdercoat one piece so I can't reassemble it yet, but I'll post more pics when I do.

Sorry about the poor lighting in some of the pics. Worked until well past dark tonight.
Attached Images

'72 Chevy SWB stepside - [ Build Thread ]
'79 ChevMC SWB fleetside - [ Build Thread ]
'64 Chevy SWB fleetside & '66 Chevy SWB stepside (waiting in the wings...)

Last edited by brossow; 09-28-2008 at 10:54 PM.
brossow is offline   Reply With Quote